• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Me and My friends new computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

My friend and I are going to build him a computer. He has 1000 dollars he can spend, he already has a case and a PSU. Post what you would get for 1K that would be an awesome computer, intel based. I could definately use some suggestions, we plan on having a lot of fun putting this thign together, since his case is a damn server case, he will be using watercooling, so suggestions on WC options are welcome :D

Vipersfate said:
My friend and I are going to build him a computer. He has 1000 dollars he can spend, he already has a case and a PSU. Post what you would get for 1K that would be an awesome computer, intel based. I could definately use some suggestions, we plan on having a lot of fun putting this thign together, since his case is a damn server case, he will be using watercooling, so suggestions on WC options are welcome :D

Why don't you go on NewEgg, choose some parts, post links to them, and then we will give you feedback and information about what we would choose for that specific type of part? :cool:

are you sure you want to go intel based, presshots are hot and not very powerful. I'm sure for a grand you could get a nice 939 system and kick the crap out of a presshot. The Epox nforce4 boards are nice, $100
939 cpu $180 or so depending on overclocking or not

graphics cards totally depend on if you're going to play games, if so, definately budget around $250 for that alone.

160GB WD hard drive $75

An Audigy 2 zs or better sound card, $70

nice big cooler for OCing: thermalrights are generally the best.$70

Some good ram OCZ pc4200 or the like $175

And you have 80 bucks left if you need to get a more powerful\better quality power supply: Sparkle, fortron: $75

Do all that up and your golden. prices are estimations could be considerably cheaper depending on your source:
newegg.com
zipzoomfly.com
computergiants.com

Certainly consider the forums for motherboard, cpu, and cooling.

Back