• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Fi Extreme Music good for gaming???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Just wondering since this is the cheapest X-Fi option. Is it adequate for gaming or should I step up to something higher???

Does well for me. It has "Gaming Mode" + "Entertainment Mode" and also some others. Gaming mode really makes a difference for me :)

Same here... i noticed a huge difference going from my audigy 2 zs to the xtremefi.

It is more than adequate for gaming. There isn't any difference in the technology between all the X-Fi cards, just boxed extras and a few additional capabilities that you won't use nor miss.

TheCheat said:
Same here... i noticed a huge difference going from my audigy 2 zs to the xtremefi.

Imagine the difference I experienced upgrading from the original Audigy Gamer.

Wow X-fi Extreme Music has to be one of the best sound cards for gaming, hands down. Offers 2-300% performance over Audigy 2 ZS.

Upgraded from Audigy 2 to Extrememusic, must say this is probably the biggest upgrade i've done. Go and buy it, worth every penny

Sure, it's great for games. It's an X-Fi. The real question is whether or not it's any good for music. :)

its awsome all around.
ive had my fair share of sound cards and tbh its one of my favourite components in my PC.
as for music, it ahs a built in 24bit crystaliser. and that just makes any music souund awsome IMO.
you will hear things uin songs you maybe didnt hear before.
will you be using a headset, or speakers?

I gotta say, the X-Fi is worth every penny. My buddy bugged me about how great it was and i was skeptical that it would offer any real advantage over my old Audigy 2 ZS. Sure enough, it did! Awsome for music, and great for games. I gotta give it :thup: :thup:

Mine is actually great!!! Loving it so far! Went home for lunch, installed it, and played a round of HL2 Deathmatch and it sounded GREAT! Better the my Audigy 2 ZS!

It really is a nice card, Outstanding for gaming IMO. However I have been very impressed with the quality of music playback as well. I am not one to spend alot on soundcards ( was using AV-710 ) And I must say it has been worth every penny. I imagine when I am able to upgrade from the logitech X-530's the sound will really shine through. Although it isn't bad even with these cheap speakers.

TheCheat said:

Agreed, i went from a 2 zs to a x-fi platinum and it was like wow.

Back