• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 slow down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bumsquad

Is it normal for a single core opty @2.8ghz to slow down A LOT when ur talking on msn and alt-tabbing outta bf2? Reason i ask is because i checked the trask manager and cpu usage was only 25%... so iono why it slows down a insane amount. Sorta makes me wish i have a dual core.... lol

i think when minimizing games and such it is more of a memory issue then proccesor. remember memory is everything you can see.

my machine acts like it doesn't have the display drivers installed if i minimize a d3d app, i'm not sure if that is what you mean. It seems to be an ATI issue, as such things worked flawless on my 7800gtx

bumsquad said:
Is it normal for a single core opty @2.8ghz to slow down A LOT when ur talking on msn and alt-tabbing outta bf2? Reason i ask is because i checked the trask manager and cpu usage was only 25%... so iono why it slows down a insane amount. Sorta makes me wish i have a dual core.... lol

Yes this is normal after you leave the game, it's a memory hog and takes most systems a few moments to get back to normal

God this game sucks for memory.. I gotta ctrl-alt-del and kill the process to stop the damn thing. I got music playing for 5 minutes after the game is closed down unless I kill the process.. it sucks...

bumsquad said:
I agree with the rest. I does the same to my 3500+ w/ 2gigs of ram.

not to resurrect this randomly, but i noticed that my bf2 runs a lot slower, meaning choppiness as in like u turn and it stops for a 1/2 second and then it turns.

On his system, it runs fine no 1/2 stops or anything. This doesn't happen only when theres artillery fire. It happens all the time, randomly just walking around the map.

My system specs:
Opteron 146 @ 2.7ghz
Dfi NF4-D
2x512mb Gigaram @300mhz running at 2.5:4:4:7
EVGA 6800gs OC'ed to 505/1.28
Video: Highest settings w/ 4x anti alias

His system specs:
3000+ a64 venice @2.7ghz
DFI NF4-D
2x512mb Cosair value ram @200mhz at 2.5:3:3:6
Sapphire X800 or X800 PRO i forget which. Oc'ed like 15% or so
Video: Highest settings w/ 4x anti alias

Any ideas? Some how my systems not running as fast as it should b. Something wrong. I can feel it :rolleyes:

Back