• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with outlook express 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok i was closing outlook express and banging away at the keyboard. I have two monitors so i am always flying through multi programs at once. Well i closed outlook express and it asked me to either compact or compress , anyway i hit ok by mistake (message came up just as i hit enter for something else). Well i went back into outlook express and all my old message s from the inbox are gone. It also rearanged all my directories. I have a Main directory with some sub's and it pulled all the subs and made them mains(not sure if this helps). Is there a way i can get them email's back ?

DSM4Life said:
Ok thank you i do see that the DBX file for the "old" inbox is still there. Is there a free program that can recover them ? ( i am still searching)I just don't want to spend 50 bucks to get my messages back. This sucks.
In Outlook Express 6:

File -> Import -> Messages...

Ascii2 said:
In Outlook Express 6:

File -> Import -> Messages...

I tried that but couln't get it work work. When i select import then it ask me to import from ..and gives me a drop down menu what do i select ?

DSM4Life said:
I tried that but couln't get it work work. When i select import then it ask me to import from ..and gives me a drop down menu what do i select ?
It should be "another program or file" or something like that. I haven't used Outlook Express in a long time, but it should be similar to Outlook right? Anyway, after that it should give you an option what kind of file I think and then you tell it where it is.

DSM4Life said:
Select "Microsoft Outlook Express 6".
Use "Next >" button.
Select "Import mail from an OE6 store directory".
Use "OK" button.
Use "Browse" button.
Select location of the *.dbx files.
Use "OK" button.
Use "Next >" button.

Back