• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why would you want...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CGR said:
Is this your opinion or do you have some data to backup that statement?
um the ones that comes on the freezer pro 64, ive installed them and tested and they are a POS

Well, I have read many positive reports on the fan linked in the first post. Is that the same fan that comes on the Freezer 64?

It sounds like the fan uses a bushing type bearing using a lubrication system similar to Panaflo's "hydrowave" bearings. So it is possible the dB rating might be close. But it isn't moving a whole lot of air either at only 56 cfm. It should work ok as a case fan and maybe work decently on a Scythe Ninja heatsink, but I don't know about a heatsink with denser packed fins.

Big typhoons stock 120mm fan comes @ 54.44 cfm...scythe makes a popular 30cfm 120mm fan...I hear it does ok according to madshrimps.

It's very quiet compared to most of the 120mm fans out there and it moves a decent amount of air. I'm using two 120mm fans of the traditional style from Arctic Cooling which move 53ish CFM at 25 or 26 dba and I'm quite happy with them. Dropped my GPU and CPU temps almost 10°C in loads. That's why I would want that kind of fan. :)

CGR said:
Well, I have read many positive reports on the fan linked in the first post. Is that the same fan that comes on the Freezer 64?
basicaly the one on the freezer blowes 45~ cfm and around 20~dba and its crap, fells cheap made and dosent that good for the price

Adragontattoo said:
this fan?

120x38mm fan that only does 56cfm.

Seems like it is completely pointless as anything due to the super low CFM for a 120mm fan.

Yes well as incredible as it may seem not everyone is like me and likes their PC to both resemble and sound like a harrier jet in a hover. So this is a fan for them. It doesn't however make it pointless. If I were to build an HTPC I would probably use something along these lines as well.

Back