• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
:attn: Awesome to see how the team has grown, their is so many new users and new faces. I am going to fold once again in the name of the cure

I'm still in, lol. I am on 3 year shore duty as an air traffic controller at NAS Oceana.

Glad to meet you, and welcome back! :)

foldon.gif

So what cpu is folding best these days? When I had to stop it was the Pentium 4

Well, QMD's are offline until further notice. :-/

The WU's are changing so much, it's really hard to tell.

I really good fast one is a place to start. :p

:shrug:

:welcome: back!!!!

as for a cpu, most of the time you'd probably be best to go with a lower end dual core due to all of it's advantages and OC the **** outta it :) an 805 Pentium D can be had for as little as 116ish on newegg (refurb, but you need a hsf anyway). That'd be my bet for best folder for the money anyday.

Steveo989 said:
So what cpu is folding best these days? When I had to stop it was the Pentium 4

I am very tempted to start some AMD farming ... DC of course.

But since i suspect qmd's will come back intel only still, I am putting off my going AMD hybrid on the farm.

A solid bet right now is a DC intel, but i don't think AMD DC would be bad either.

Conroe may change things in late summer/fall.

Of course, it all depends on the WU's. If we got nothing but GB's i would want an AMD farm since they suk on intel. But Intels have served me (and my electric utility) well :eek:

Old name i think, but Red_eyed has like double the points of this name. Yeah I am just gonna keep it with STEVEO989

Back