• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Waste of money. If you want an X-fi, the regular music one has everything you would ever need. Save that extra money, and put it towards a good sound system.

Same Debate here ...
Have Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro .... should I upgrade to X-FI ELITE PRO ?
I'll take only external rack cards - so this is the only option for me - but will I feel the differnce ?

it's a bit expensive but the elite pro is the only x-fi that really differs by a good margin in sound quality due to the very nice parts used

I have 2 sets of speakers.
One is the Klipsch Promedia 5.1. Which I only use 2 side speakers and the center.
The other is EV-SonicXS. 2.1 with a sub. I like the "highs" in these and the extra sub.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 156
besides the extrenal rack the Elite Pro have 64mb for sound bank ....
I Just heard some games over my friend's X-fi music, and my Audigy 2 ZS Pro, and there's a huge differnce ...
as for music and elite .... dunno ....

twEEkerAreUs said:
How many outputs does your AuzenTech X-Plosion have?
I would like my headphones to have it own output, not to have to split.

And same goes for your card, Shard...

Last edited:
OnDborder said:
How many outputs does your AuzenTech X-Plosion have?
I would like my headphones to have it own output, not to have to split.

And same goes for your card, Shard...

word is analog out of the current dsp's of ddl/dts encoding capable cards (the cards they're using) is not good, you'd have to use digital out (the thing these cards are good for) and the headphones would have to go in the receiver or whatever that the digital out is going to

Well I went and did it...
Played some Doom3, it sounded wonderful.
Played some Santana and some Crystal Method, it sounded wonderful..
It's all they say it is, wonderful.
Deep, rich bass. Not overwhelming highs.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
word is analog out of the current dsp's of ddl/dts encoding capable cards (the cards they're using) is not good, you'd have to use digital out (the thing these cards are good for) and the headphones would have to go in the receiver or whatever that the digital out is going to

I am gonna pick up the Chaintech AV710 and set the record strait conscerning the Auzentech analog outs. Especialy considering that they are fully upgradable to well past the quality of the X-Fi, all the way to the EMU 1212 level of performance and quality.

Not trying to rat on you, but you do not have the card, and just go off others claims. But at least you DO bring it to the table.

shard said:
I am gonna pick up the Chaintech AV710 and set the record strait conscerning the Auzentech analog outs. Especialy considering that they are fully upgradable to well past the quality of the X-Fi, all the way to the EMU 1212 level of performance and quality.

Not trying to rat on you, but you do not have the card, and just go off others claims. But at least you DO bring it to the table.

i'm just trying to look out for my fellow overclockers, i've never been pointed in the wrong direction from these sources so i trust them, these are audiophiles, not the average gamer using logitechs where you would have a problem telling if the source is good or bad anyway, remember the av710 is only good in hi sample rate 2 channel using the wolfson dac going to powered speakers or to an amp going to speakers or headphones as the av710 doesn't have an amp, i believe the supposed problem with the cmedia chipsets is that the Auzentech cards employs is just that the chipset/dsp and not the upgradeable dacs or amps

Last edited:
R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
i'm just trying to look out for my fellow overclockers, i've never been pointed in the wrong direction from these sources so i trust them, these are audiophiles, not the average gamer using logitechs where you would have a problem telling if the source is good or bad anyway, remember the av710 is only good in hi sample rate 2 channel using the wolfson dac going to powered speakers or to an amp going to speakers or headphones as the av710 doesn't have an amp, i believe the supposed problem with the cmedia chipsets is that the Auzentech cards employs is just that the chipset/dsp and not the upgradeable dacs or amps

Hmm, I do have the equipment to test, so I will actualy do some work into it once I have the other card.

I will also do some research into the supposed inferior quality of the analog outputs on the Auzentech cards.

dont bother upgrading or getting the high end card. the music ram is a joke. if you do upgrade get the extreme music. if you already have a Azs 2 dont bother ugrading

Bit too mucj $$ for a sound set up on a computer IMO but... I'm only using the onboard audio in my DFI Ultra-D and some crappy Kinyo 2.1 speaks.

I spend money on audio for my vehicle as that's where I spend most of my music listening hours.

Back