• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900 water block options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FireMare

Registered
Was digging around looking at water block options for my Evga 7900gt CO. I dont want the big blocks that cover the ram and cost $125. I was just wanting the standard GPU cooler like the Danger Den's Maze 4 ($40ish) . But it doesnt say if it will fit.
Is the mounting the same as previous cards like the 7800gt or gtx in terms of the screw holes ? Has anyone tried this yet ?

FireMare

I can second that. I had that specific card and I even had the low pro version of the Maze4 and it fit no problems. The only thing you may want to consider if you want to use the low pro Maze 4 blocks is that the ram sinks may need modification if too tall. I had some OCZ copper sinks and they were too tall so I had to mod two of them to get them to fit under the block. Make sure you get the mounting kit that has the X type block...I think the actual name of that kit is "series 2".

BTW... :welcome:

I'm using the MP-1 and I'm very happy with it. I have some TT copper ramsinks that fit just fine with that waterblock.

Marlon

im using the swiftech MCW-60, the ram sinks needed to be filed down, as they were too tall to fit under the 1/2 ID hoses/barbs. The block works great though. Im running at 32/34 idle/load. :drool: I have the same GPU you do too, the EVGA 7900GT CO. running at 550/1600, im sure i could hit 600 easy, just haven't got around to it yet...[finals this week] :(

Back