• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I was thinking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

I've been very busy lately with my business for the last two years and I've not paid much attention to folding (sorry guys), but I decided to look up my name in the charts a couple days ago, Mr._$T$. Surprisingly a couple borgs I had almost two years ago are still folding away. So I decided why not give another run at it so I talked to a few people and I'm proud to say within the week I'll have 15.5Ghz of AXP/P4C/Dothan Power pulling away.

Great to have you back active with us :thup:

:beer: :beer:

ps. since we always like to take advantage of free advertizing, you might want to put a folding plug or link in your sig :)

there'll be NEVER too much folding powah for Team32!!!

:welcome: back to active duty!!! :beer:
foldon.gif

Has anyone done this, make a few CDs and put them on a countertop somewhere with instructions how to install wedo's one click program? I was thinking about doing that at my cafe' have some burned CD's on the counter and explain what it's for then see if anybody bites. Everyone who I explained it to thought distributed computing to fold is a great idea. Maybe I can get some more borgs this way without the burden of a farm.

Also thanks for the greetings!

Mr. $T$ said:
Has anyone done this, make a few CDs and put them on a countertop somewhere with instructions how to install wedo's one click program? I was thinking about doing that at my cafe' have some burned CD's on the counter and explain what it's for then see if anybody bites. Everyone who I explained it to thought distributed computing to fold is a great idea. Maybe I can get some more borgs this way without the burden of a farm.

I know lots of folks carry a folding setup with them on a thumbdrive ... CD sounds like a good idea too .... if they are going to install it themselves you would want to either have a default setup that will work on any rig, probably under your id? ... and also offer them a guide on setting up under their own id.?

Its nice to get borgs to add to your points .. but if someone is interested enuf to want to fold under their own id, it might have more leverage if they in turn recruit others ... or they could always start under your id and setup their own later ... in all cases under T32 of course :D

Mr. $T$ said:

Hey neighbor...
What business do you own? Maybe I can check out your eats and we can meet in RL.

pscout said:
I know lots of folks carry a folding setup with them on a thumbdrive ... CD sounds like a good idea too .... if they are going to install it themselves you would want to either have a default setup that will work on any rig, probably under your id? ... and also offer them a guide on setting up under their own id.?

Its nice to get borgs to add to your points .. but if someone is interested enuf to want to fold under their own id, it might have more leverage if they in turn recruit others ... or they could always start under your id and setup their own later ... in all cases under T32 of course :D

I have a thumbdrive and a CD for borging on the go. What I want to do is pass out CDs like AOL disks with a simple set of instuction on how to install. I may not get the fastest computers on the market but if I can get a large amount that will be perfict. Most people that I tell could really care less about points. They liked the idea of having to pratically do nothing to get that feeling of accomplishment. Besides I could use those points! :beer:

Audioaficionado said:
Hey neighbor...
What business do you own? Maybe I can check out your eats and we can meet in RL.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/0311/life/stories/08life.htm

Although I'm not going to be there tomorrow Monday to Thursday 10am-3pm. If you'd like to catch me at a good time around 2 perfect.

The old Holly theatre...

Less than a mile from my West Medford home.

I saw "Fritz the Cat" and the original version of "Clockwork Orange" in that movie theatre. Tame by today's standards but they were X rated back in the early 70s LOL.

Audioaficionado said:
The old Holly theatre...

Less than a mile from my West Medford home.

I saw "Fritz the Cat" and the original version of "Clockwork Orange" in that movie theatre. Tame by today's standards but they were X rated back in the early 70s LOL.

O really! Thats cool, I'm just a skip away from you then. I'll look foward to seeing you soon.

What a coincidence, i just randomly checked my stats this weekend and found some of my borgs still folding too. Now im giving an active push by having the machines i use daily fold. Ur not too far away from me, i better push the heat :p but ill have to wait till i go home on june 9 before i can have my main rig fold.

Back