• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folders Anonymous (F@HA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedmonkay

Hello my name is Speedmonkay. I am a fold-a-holic. I started folding in 2002/2003 when I first read a Wired magazine article about the project. I quit my addiction January of '04. Now I am relapsing. :cry:
I guess I should start with step 1 :

We admitted we were powerless over folding--that our lives had become unmanageable.

Yes I quit once but I find myself powerless to the Fold again. I Oced my Venice and those spare cycles I created just were wasted and I couldnt just sit there and watch them perish so I installed F@H. Then before I knew it I borged my laptop and my moms PC and 2 servers at work. Even the little crappy PC under my desk at work was not safe from me inflicting endless work of TTs upon it ! I am powerless to the fold once again.

Please other fold-a-holics out there come foward and take the first step with me....

Hello, :welcome: back to the addiction. :cool:

My name is Warrior, I'm also a Fold-a-holic.

I dream of Folding proteins. I eat proteins for Breakfast. :-/

I'm hoplessly addicted. I get the shakes whenever I think about it.

-about others not Folding.

It's worse than my coffee addiction.

:welcome: back!!
foldon.gif

Hi My name is Synthetic_fenix

And I am a recovering F@H addict.

I started back in 2000 folding for [H]ard OCP untill there was a big dispute between different forum members and in the IRC channels.

I quit folding till last november and I am currently in a lull with my systems at home. My gaming rig isnt ready to fold 24x7 and my server needs a re-install before i can fold again.

synthetic_fenix said:
Hi My name is Synthetic_fenix

And I am a recovering F@H addict.

I started back in 2000 folding for [H]ard OCP untill there was a big dispute between different forum members and in the IRC channels.

I quit folding till last november and I am currently in a lull with my systems at home. My gaming rig isnt ready to fold 24x7 and my server needs a re-install before i can fold again.

We're here for you......

With all this support, you'll be fine. :D

/evillaugh

People we cannot forget step 8 of F@HA !!!

Made a list of all PCs we had borged, and became willing to make repairs to them all.

After years of endless computations of folds and misfolds we have scarred these poor PCs and we must make amends to them. Those poor PCs who were not given an option to be borged or not to be borged, cause it was decided for them ! Make amends and make upgrades .... for more PPD ....

Not just the PPD though ! Remember why we started ... the cure! For cancer and alzheimers and all those other nasty afflicitions of the body ! But also for ourselfs, because Foldaholism is a disease ... that one day our folding might find a cure for.
I fold to find the cure for my Foldaholism.

I don't have any problems. Well I gues I could use a few more borgs but other than that I'm fine. So cold...

Speedmonkay said:
I fold to find the cure for my Foldaholism.

:p
LOL, thats what its all about brother. However, I believe part of the cure is my wife getting our electric bill and cramming it up my arse.

cp said:
LOL, thats what its all about brother. However, I believe part of the cure is my wife getting our electric bill and cramming it up my arse.

gosh, that sounds strangely familiar....:rolleyes:

I'm gonna see if I can do away with the paper electric bill, and just pay it online

;)
:D

ihrsetrdr said:

I'm gonna see if I can do away with the paper electric bill, and just pay it online

At least paper is thin and can be used for wiping purposes in a pinch. Hate to see a rig get crammed ihrse! OUCH! Watch out man! Make sure she doesn't intercept your e-bills! :p

Fortunately I got away with my bill by going paperless, then I only addes one or two rigs a month. The power bill never did go up by too much. Since I did this going into summer a few years ago, it was never noticed. My wife thinks it has always been high :D (bigger house helps)

edit: I just realized that part of the addiction is the denial of it... "No dear, the bill is just high because its summer, and this is a big house. It has nothing to do with the computers"

Last edited:
Back