• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2407 released today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Roboto

Well, for those of you who havn't heard, the dell 2407 was released in the US today.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=2407W3Y

Anyone thinking of buying one? I'm debating it, as im tired of my crappy 17" lcd, but want to see what you guys know about the color banding and any other problems the moniter might have. I guess the US is getting the new revision, A01, but i guess all it does is disable the desktop mode, which is where the banding took place.

so basically, is this moniter a go or no go? Just wanted to see what the masses had to say before i decide to buy one or not.

basically the $200 allows you to play HDPC (or whatever alphabet soup ERM accroynym it is) movies in vista. Bah. I'm happy with my 2405, and am confident some kid from korea will come up with a crack to run any media through older LCD monitors.

I've been waiting for this sucker all spring! Unfortunately, I was hoping it would be released at about $900, but after tax, it comes to $1019...just a little too much for me. Maybe after next paycheck. :shrug:

I wish I knew how well my video card will handle this in games at native resolution. Might cost even more if I have to setup SLi.

I've yet to even see one decent review for the 2407 yet, so I don't see how there can be a crowd that claims to be suffering from banding issues. The 2 monitors aren't using the same panels either.

Dell's warranties are pretty good from what I hear, but most people say to only go through customer support online, because talking on the phone is a wasted effort. So why not just pick the monitor up, and see how well you like it?

I still love the new styling of the monitor, even though it might not be as flexible as the last. I'm going to kill myself over if I should pick one up this week or not.

I originally avoided Dell products all together, but recently snagged one of their monitors. I will say that be sure your video card is capable of running its maximum resolution or else you will be stuck upgrading a lot more than you wanted.

Fireside: It looks like you are running the same video card, I am buying to run my new monitor. So, if I am correct it would appear you could run this baby with no problem and not need the SLI.

bUrn3r

well, i dont plan on being able to game at that res with my 6600gt. I'm building my new rig once conroe comes out though, so it should be fine.

What's the response time for this thing. I'm sensitive as hell to slow LCD's - even the 8ms ones. Anybody know about this or the 2405?

I think 6. I looked at the site, but they seem to have the specs for the 2007 listed under the 2407. Typical dell.

Back