• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell P2815Q is possibly a dud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

Now, I'm very tempted to go for this monitor...however, given it will only do its native resolution at 30Hz...kind of a deal breaker.

I do some photo and video work, have a DAW and other things that would suit this monitor very well, but I also game casually, and 30Hz isn't going to cut it.

What aggravates me is they have a 24" that will, but is twice the price. Apparently getting electronics to do 60Hz is costly. :shrug:

If anyone picks this up, I'd like to hear your opinion of it...and more importantly, what you use it for.

That 30hz refresh rate kinda defeats the purpose of the monitor...However, aside from gaming, that monitor would be just fine for day to day use. Video and photo stuff would work just fine, and some games might not be terrible on that monitor.

Honestly, with the general lack of support for 4k right now, it really doesn't make much sense to get one (at least in my mind), the technology is still so new, I'd personally wait it out for a bit till it becomes more wide spread

Lack of support in what way? Higher resolution is higher resolution. No need for anything to support it really. To your point, yes, I agree in that any non-gaming use would benefit from this, but that 30Hz thing is the sticky point.

Other drawbacks - TN panel, and the max resolution is only available via the Display Port input. If you're limiting it to 30 Hz, why use a TN panel? Use a panel with better color rendition such IPS/VA/PLS since it would be useless for gaming anyway.

Back