• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where To Find D9 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Have they ceased production of these chips ? I see alot of people that have them, but yet cannot find any on retailer websites. Whats the deal ?

Thanks

For the love of god its *not* called D9. :bang head I dont understand why people insist on calling it that.

The RAM you want is D9DQT which is otherwise known as Micron BT-3. Since its been out of production for almost a year now its going to be difficult to find now. Your best bet is with the newer chips such as the Mushkin PC8000 or 6400 or an OCZ counterpart

While D9DQT and QW are difficult to find as stated before these are the ones to watch (from mushkin and other mfgrs):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146108

These give more or less identical peformance to the infamous BT-3

WaTTz said:
Whats your deal ? Just a simple mistake ..

And thanks for link dicecca112 :)
No its just so very frustrating that I have to correct people all the time about this. Ive had multiple people ask me on AIM the same question because of this misnomer: "OMG is THIS D9?!?" and the anwser is... yes ALL of it is D9.

You see D9 is the fbga start code identifing it as Micron DDR2... thats it. So as you can imagine its in terribly bad taste to call one strain of chips "d9" because it confuses people leaving me to correct and clarify it to them.
/rant

Sentential said:
You see D9 is the fbga start code identifing it as Micron DDR2... thats it.
more than that actually, there's mobile sdram in fbga packaging with the "D9xxx" code too.

moral of story = refer to chips at BT-3 or B6-37E.. not "D9 skinnies" or some dumb **** :bang head

whatever sent. If you have some vendetta to flame people like that whatever.

And you welcome WattZ, glad I could help

I hear the G.Skill ghbz ddr2-800 uses "micron bt-3" or d9 now...as it used to use Elpida IC but they said may 1st they changed to "Micron D9XXX"...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231065

G.Skill tech said it uses the code 0605 ..(old stuff was 0604)..also I think they call it revision 101 now. Can be bought at newegg, or so claims the g.skill employee, I have no reason to doubt him. He reported getting 1064mhz @ 4-4-3-1 with 2.3 volts with the new stuff (not handpicked).. someone should buy it and report back. I was thinking about that, 1064 mhz with 4-4-3-1 @ 2.3 volts for $249 is crazyyy..I wonder what it hits at 2.4 volts..he wouldn't go higher he didn't want to void his warranty. Someone should buy these and report how well it did..

ddr2-1000 costs at least $450 for 2 gigs...ughh, ish don't think so.

For most of us future conroe users..if what I hear is right..that conroe silicon will only improve, well, at least now they have proof that it has gotten better from the original es...you have to imagine most of us will be getting the $300 2.4ghz version..from the looks of it, on air we might hit 3.6-3.7ghz maybe more..at the ideal 4:5 ratio that is 3700/9 411mhz..1026mhz ram..I don't wanna spend $450 :'(...I suppose 1:1 is fine but I'd like 4:5 :)

Last edited:
Back