• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N-SLI deluxe keeps killing my graphics cards!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Hey guys, I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard which a few weeks back had a ATI X800 graphics card in it stop working.(The fan melted to the heatsink!) Well I replaced the graphics card with an ATI X850XT and only a few days latter when I went to boot up the pc the screen doesnt turn on and I get one long followed by three short beeps which is a video card error! How can this be that TWO graphics cards died in this board??!! Anyone have any idea as to why this could be happening? Thanks!

ok it seems that after I left it unplugged for a few minutes then came back it was able to boot up..however it gave a cmos defaults loaded msg. I wonder why the pc is acting up like this?

Hmmm, odd. Have you flashed to the latest bios? Also for some reason I've had bad luck with AMD boards and ATI video cards. You may be cursed as well :-/

Back