• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:S with Xfire problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

Why wont xfire recognize that i have Counter Strike Source Installed? Any ideas on how to tell it that it is installed and make it work correctly. Thanx

you should have an option in the options menu to add a game, from there it will ask you to find the game`s executable and thats it.( i think, cant really remember )

you can add it manually, by going to tools>options and then in the not installed games find css and should be able to add it.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 97
n0aH said:
thats the error i get
do this,

click on css on the not installed games and then hit browse,
gamepath should be like this C:\Program Files\Steam

and hit apply should work

redrumy3 said:
do this,

click on css on the not installed games and then hit browse,
gamepath should be like this C:\Program Files\Steam

and hit apply should work

nope,dosent work still :(

and there is not c program files/steam , its VALVE btw

Last edited:
n0aH said:
well how did you guys install cs? I used the install DVD, you guys propaly just downloaded the whole thing from the net
yup, i download from steampowered.com, i have the dvd version and 5 cd version lol bought 2 accounts =] but i like downloading from steam

redrumy3 said:
yup, i download from steampowered.com, i have the dvd version and 5 cd version lol bought 2 accounts =] but i like downloading from steam

that takes way to long when you have 1.2mbps down... much rather just grab the dvd lol

Back