• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I tweak this folding software? My chip isn't even breaking a sweat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have a task manager a la WinNT / 2K, you should see a program called Core_65.exe taking all the CPU. I saw your other post that said you had Prime95 running.

FAH runs at low priority so chances are any other DC app like Prime or SETI will prevent FAH from getting much horsepower.

The actual winFAH.exe uses very little CPU. It only gets and sends work and produces the graphical protein views (if you use the GUI version).

So my 600k connection helps greatly too? Also wanted to say that I was using prime to test my computers stability. Turned out to be fine!

This client should heat your CPU up about as much as Prime. If not it means that the core_65 isn't running or it's stopped.

Nope core_65 is running apparently but winfah may not be. I must say again though that this does not heat my chip hardly at all which I guess is a good thing in a sense but I really was looking for something to load my cpu too to make it more stable at higher speeds over time too. O well cpu monitor says the cpu is at 100% load. I guess if this is the best then that is how it is to stay too. You have to remeber that I have a .13u core for whatever reason the idle and load temps never vary by more than 4 deg. C with a good thermal contact joint. Prime boosts my chips temps to 42~43 deg. C but while folding barely gets above 40 deg. C.

my chip jumps from arround 30 idle to arround 37 at full load. i have a p3 1000E at 1240.

the winfah.exe shouldnt be using any of your processing power. just the core_95.

Yep just tested it now and my cpu was at around 39.5 for average load temps under f@h under prime it was 41.5. So about 2 degrees which means I can crunch more data if possible. We need some tweaks;).

ol' man said:
You have to remeber that I have a .13u core for whatever reason the idle and load temps never vary by more than 4 deg. C with a good thermal contact joint. Prime boosts my chips temps to 42~43 deg. C but while folding barely gets above 40 deg. C.

You are using a Tualitin? What speed? How long does it take you to finish a work unit? I am really curious to see how well these work compared to AMD and to the PIII's and PIV's. I have seen benchmarks on these that show it out performs PIV's in various things.

SO far in the last half a day I have finished 1.5wu's but I also worked on my computer. The monitor will tell me right away how fast I complete a wu or what? Maybe I will dowload it.

I am using a celreratin @ 1,6GHz.

edit

Downloaded the monitor and it said I am finishing a wu every 9 or so hours. What is the average?

Last edited:
Back