• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about JBOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdavid17

i have a problem that i cannot seem to fix. I have a 250gb SATA drive that is my main boot drive. i also have two 40gb IDE drives. for some reason my computer can only recongnize the 250 and one of the 40s. the 40gb hard drive that is recongized is set to cable select, while the other IDE drive is set to slave. i cannot figure out why the other drive is not being recognized. do i need to do a master/slave with the IDE drives. my motherboard is an asus sli. thanx

From my experience with IDE drives you either need to have them both on Cable select or use Master/Slave.

Exactly. With IDE drives they ALL either have to be set as Master, Slave or Cable Select. As long as you have one as Master and one as Slave on IDE channel 1 you can have that third drive (which would have to be on IDE channel 2) set as a Master. It should be seen.

Make sure that BIOS is recognizing it. If you see it in BIOS and Windows doesn't, you will need to assign it a drive letter in the Administrative tools option in the Control Panel.

Back