• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help keeping my MB cool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kemon

I've got an A8N32-SLI mobo. Everything inside is WC'd... my cpu and two gpu's. I've got two 120mm fans in the top of my case and two 92mm fans in the back. My case is a silverstone TJ07. When using PCProbe (which is what comes with the mobo) It's saying my MOBO is running at like 40c which seems like quite a lot to me. I'm wondering if it's cause i always have the sides off my computer... would it help if they were on to direct the air flow over the heatpipes on my mobo? Or what else should i try to get it cooler.

that doesn't actually seem that hot for a passive cooler. i think my a8n-sli premium had similar temps. your case should have pretty good cooling as it is, though it wouldn't hurt to put the sides back on and see what happens. you might also try positioning a fan to blow on the heatpipe mosfets or ducting one of your intake fans directly to the mosfets.

Last edited:
Oh cool that's not hot, awesome!! Seemed hot to me, but i'm fairly new to high end stuff.

I was going to spend a few hours tonight overclocking my FX60, it's my first attempt at OCing and i've read some pretty good articles and i think i'm prepared. What's too hot for MOBO temps? Same with CPU if you don't mind. It's an FX60 as stated with a storm waterblock on it, runs about 34C right now and after about 4 or 5 hours of gaming it'll get up to about 39c... what's too hot while i'm overclocking... don't want to burn up my chip.

imo anything over 45 is starting to affect stability...50-55 should probably be considered max u want but i wouldnt worry until it was hitting 60-70. dont forget u can pop a chip with volts too high even if its looking cool. so, for me anyway overclocking doesnt raise temps too much if ur cooling system is good but volts can raise temps and too much volts can raise them quicker than u can catch it :)

Back