• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with memory at stock speed when OC'd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabe3

Hi, I have a problem getting my memory stable at stock speed when my cpu is overclocked.

I have my cpu at 323x9=2.91ghz using the 150 memory divider, which my ram is running at 240mhz, and stock speed is 250mhz. When i raise my memory divider to 166 I get unstable which doesnt make sense because on the 166 divider i would be running the ram just a little higher then stock speed and I shouldnt have a problem with, however if I have my cpu speed way down and I use use higher divider like 200. my memory is stable. so why cant my memory be stable at stock speeds when my cpu is overclocked

iam using the timings from the g.skill HZ cheat sheet, using 2.7 vdimm and latest bios

well while I was playing with my ram and seeing how high the ram would go my registery got currupt and I had to do a xp repair install

Back