• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

storm mounting kit (where to order)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkresh

I seem to have misplaced the box my storm came in, and along with it the kit to mount on a 775 board, as I am planning on upgrading to Conroe at the end of the month I will need to order a replacement mounting kit. Any ideas as to how to do that? I have emailed swiftech twice and gotten no response (in about a week) so I don’t know if I am emailing the wrong people there or something strange is going on, but I have to assume that there is a way to replace the part.

thanks Jame, though I cant seem to find the parts on that list. What i need is the retention hardware for 775 (and the replacement plate for the motherboard). They show the parts for the mcw6002 but nothing for the storm.

I don't see why you couldn't just get some 4" 3/32 threaded screws from a hardware store along with some nuts and plastic washers, and reuse the springs you have right now.

only have 2 springs, also I think swiftech has a back plate replacement for everyhting besides 939 boards, and I am also missing that

jkresh said:
I just installed a Storm on my 939 board and I sure don't need any of the Intel parts that were included - I'll just send them to you. I take it the Conroe will use a 775 board?

I still haven't found the mounting plate, though, but it's here somewhere - 939 boards have there own plate. It's just lost in a big box with all the other WC parts I have left over. I'll be sorting through that box tomorrow and I'll let you know for sure.

PS to the moderators: This isn't a sale, it's a Freebie - what the 7734 do I need with Intel parts ...?

Thanks QuietIce, yep conroe is 775 (as apparantly is Kentsfield).

Yeah they still havent emailed me back, I may give them a call tomorrow and see if they are more responsive that way.

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, we had unexpected company today so I didn't get around to sorting things out. I expect to do it tomorrow when I get home. I have GOT to get this box out from behind my desk, I keep tripping over it!

QuietIce that’s fine, I am not in a rush (Conroe isn’t available just yet, preordered though so hopefully I will get it in the first shipment). I can relate to the box issue, while I was away this semester my room was redone (wood floors), and everything was taken out (this is when the swiftech box disappeared, still sorting through stuff so there is a chance it might show up but I think they through it out), so I have boxes out all over the place which I am in the process of organizing before I either put them back in closets or to

Well, I sorted out that box today but the mounting plate wasn't there. :( I don't have a clue where it's disappeared - sorry. But I do have the untouched bag labeled "Storm - Common Hardware - Socket 462, 478, 775, & 603/604". If you still want that then PM me your address and I'll stick it in an envelope (it doesn't weigh much).

If the plate was in the Storm box (and I'm pretty sure it was) then it's gotta' be around here somewhere ...

I just found most of the parts for the box, including the bag with common hardware, and the instructions. Looking at the instructions I think I may have just imagined the plate (it says you have to remove the motherboard for all but a64 754/939, so I guess that is why I thought it had a different back plate), but on the instructions it doesn’t show a back plate (just screws going up from the motherboard to the block instead of down). Thanks again QuietIce, it was very nice of you to offer to send the parts.

No problem, I'm glad you found your Storm box! Man, I sure thought there was a plate, too - power of suggestion?

Anyway, if you change your mind let me know ...

If a backplate is needed, it is always provided along with the motherboard since they always have different designs (same as SLI connectors, etc).

I've had a similiar problem with Swiftech where I had lost the entire Opteron packet and was not able to get ahold of them by e-mail or directly (at least not to someone who spoke english, heh). I ended up calling a vendor, like frozen-cpu or performance-pcs to get the needed parts, and all I had to do is pay the postage.

I guess their CS dept. went downhill. I remeber now that it was a girl who emailed me back. heh, maybe she was just being nice. I'd be livid if they never even responded to my calls and mails.

TreeNode, some parts (at least aircooling) use there own backplates (thermalright often requires removing the stock backplate and using their's) which is why I was confused.

Back