• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good OC'ing 805 mATX mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mdogs444

Anyone know of a good overclocking Petium D 805 MicroATX motherboard? Im using a SFF Silverstone case to save space, and would like something that can overclock and use memory dividers. My current ECS (that came as a package cheap from Frye's) doesn't have dividers and can only increase the FSB, so that does me no good being that i use DDR533 memory.

Thanks!

Do you have AGP and DDR or PCI-E and DDR2? Asus probably has the better overclocking micro boards.

I can't help you exactly, but for once I have to tell you to avoid Asus. I have two MicroATX boards from them, a socket 478 and 462 which are both "stripped" versions of their higher end boards and have none of the ocing options that you'd expect from them. :-/

as of right now i have DDR2 - but using integrated video (i dont game at all). Ill probably get a 7600gt just for the heck of it, but most likely i dont need a video upgrad.e

if looking for a really good ocing board use pricegrabber and look for abit lg-81 or lg-80. has a lot of ocing options and does much better then the asus p5ld2-vm. I got my 530j up to 4ghz but due to heat it was unstable. The abit board is sitting around $129. IMO it was well worth it when i bought it for $129 in jan.

Jame Gumb said:
I had an Asus p4p800-vm micro-atx board for an old s478 netstumbler rig for the car, it didn't allow OC either. :( I guess most are stripped. Can an ASRock board turn out the 805? http://www.asrock.com/product/775i65G.htm

one of these asrock boards can use DDR &DDR2 ...not at the same time though...I think that's right

Im going to get that board and an 805 next week. That board also supports conroe, as long as it is revision 2. not bad for $47. If only it had voltage adjustments.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157091

Back