• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i find out what brand my card is

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It doesn't really matter what brand it is if you are gonna flash the bios anyways. But I don't understand what bios you are gonna flash it to (from 68ultra) for increased performance, unless you do like nd4 mentioned and just mod you bios for performance.

i googled the product number from the nbitor screenie, and came up with this.... kinda interesting.

Last edited:
well i was thinking there might be some updated bios for my card and i could go from there. But does it really matter what i use? I all 6800 ultra agp bios created equal. Im still sort of a oc/tweaking noob

Last edited:
There are loads of 3rd party driver to try out to see if/ how much they improver you performance... have a look here to start with. You should'nt really have to mess with the bios on that card, start with the drivers and maybe some overclocking software like coolbits and rivatuner

really all your gonna be able to do with a bios edit is lock in speeds of the GPU and RAM... and change some ram timings and VID's... but other than that the best way to oc if by Rivatuner IMO. i have been tempted to lock in my overclock on my gfx card but lately it has been gettin hotter and hotter and clocks have been needing to go down and down... pluss its sort of a hasle booting with a win 98 boot disk... loading a dos prompt.. changing floppies and typing "nvflash NEWBIOS.rom" then y ... pluss theres always a big change you can skrew your card up good and not be able to reflash it due to you can see the screen... this is why i always have a PCI gfx card on hand. (he he an OLD MATROX power graphics IS-STORM!!! 50mhz core 50mhz ram 1 pp no vertex shaders OHH YA POWER IN A PCB.. able to own up any calculator.. i think it saw its first glimpse of windows xp today when i booted up with it to check out if it worked along with specs... you couldnt even drag a window with it laggin)

n e ways make sure you have good cooling and start ocing with rivatuner.

thanks for bearing with my noobness
and thanks for the advice
im gonna try and get a zalman vf900-cu for my card and start oc'ing. I dont think the stock ultra cooler will be up to much more than stock

Back