• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help for overlcocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milkman1031

Hey there hows it going peeps. Im new to this water cooling thing. Im looking for water cooling solution because I want to oc the hell out of my computer and get the best possobile preformance I can. Im looking to spend as much as 250 USD on a water cooling kit. my specs are below.

Just looking for a kit for cpu alone. As for the gpu im waiting for a new arctic s series cooler to be reasled this month which is the only thing ive found that will work with the 7800gs.

Ive been looking a thermal take and koolance and a few others. Im really confused here. Im just looking for a solid water cooling kit which i can get good preformance out of.

If someone could recommend a good water cooling kit for me it would be apprichated.

2 other things I forgot to mention that i had questions about. The coolant that these use. Am i Able to use any brand of water cooling coolant for these or is it specfic kind i need to use.

Also what kind of water should you be using ie. distilled , tap , filtered ? thanks again :D

Milkman :welcome: to the forums

Theres a good sticky i think re additives and coolant mixtures

but i think most use distilled water 10% antifreeze and some kind of growth inhibitor such as iodine (non alcohol type)

welcome You really need to read the stickies befor you even start your water cooling. Learn the basics then ask questions and plan your loop.

Yeah the stickies will save you a lot of time and there will be answers to questions you didn't even think to ask. But i would mention you can build a very good water cooler for a lot cheaper than that and then possibly look at an upgrade on your processor for a better overclock and system alltogether.
the amd prices on socket 754's aren't very high for stuff better than what you currently have...but i don't know much about that socket size. i just searched on newegg for procs that used the socket 754 and the prices looked decent or what you are looking at overclocking too.
Another thing is if you got the proc you could upgrade immediatly and then piece together your wc kit for better results and more fun. because when you build your own rig you feel like you earned your overclock

Back