• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD X2 Board For The Buck/Pound???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm looking for a new motherboard for my soon to built X2 system I'm waiting on my 4200+ to arrive as I've just be told there's a shortage. And The Inquirer has a post to back it up as I didn't believe Overclocker.co.uk.

Anyways I was going for a Gigabyte board but after watching my mate last year with his 754 system have trouble noticing his SATA drive (working now but took him an hour mind). I was looking to DFI I want to make a new system that looks cool and has the performance I need.

I wouldn't mind a board with either SLi or Crossfire there are both good pieces of technology I don't mind which graphics card company I have. Cause I know I'll get good graphics from either product.

Thus why I think

AMD 4200+
2GB GEIL DDR2 Memory
74gb Raptor for Windows and Programs.
120GB Hiatchi Deskstar For games and music
GeForce 7600 or higher but the 7600 I've heard good reviews on
Optical drivers from this machine below.

Gigabyte is not bad, the only problem is that their boards don't overclock too well. DFI afaik the only board from them worth mentioning is the Infinity one which still uses the nf4 chipset which imo is not a bad thing unless you need something that only nf5X0 chipset offers.

ECS ATI bases mobos have been getting a bunch of good reviews where bux meet clocks. They oc nicely and seem stable of stonehenge!

Back