• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ !!!!!!!!!! PLZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overdose

HEY I NEED HELP OVERCLOCKING MY CPU .. IM A HELAL NOOB AT IT.. I CAN OVERCLOCK MY VIDEO CARD BUT THAT CONSISTS OF MOVIN A SLIDER FORWARD AND CLICKING A TEST BOTTON YAKNOW? NEED HELP PLZ

X2 3800+
BFG 7800 GT OC
ABIT AN8 NFORCE 4
2 GIGS OF RAM... LIKE DDR 333
1 SEGATE 150 7200RPM 1 SEAGATE 80 7200RPM
SONY DVD DUAL LAYER -+ DVD BURNER
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER LIVE! 24 BIT
ANTEC 470 POWERSUPPLY

STANDARD COOLING... NEED HELP PLZ PLZ U CAN GIVE MY N E HELP... PLZ NO LINKS TO TUTORIALS... XPLAIN IN ENGLISH LOL SLIDE FSB IS EASY.... THEN VOLTAGE AND RAM CONFIGURATION? ****IN 4 DIFFERENT NUMBERS ON MY RAM... DONT KNOW WUT THOES NUMBERS AFFECT...

first off I would get a good after market heatsink and seat it with some AS5 if you havent already.

Its best to do it from the bios, my friend has crazy problems with his windows based OC utility. Start by raising the FSB up a bit at a time. Boot windows and run Prime95. If your system is stable running prime 95 for 2-3 hrs then up the FSB more. When the system begins to become unstable increase the cpu core voltage a bit. I usualy do it in .025v incraments. Up the voltage one incrament, and then run prime95 if its stable up the FSB more. Keep in mind that your rams freq may limit the ammount you can bring up your FSB.

Seeing that its DDR 333Mhz I dont think you will be able to push the FSB too far before the ram voltage needs to be increased. Im not familiar with DDR ram voltage limits, but I do know that Im running the 2.2v DDR on my video card at 3v with no problems. Ram usualy needs to be volt modded to get a significant voltage gain. I think my NF7-S only allows for 2.6v on the ram max.

As for your CPU voltage I cant say what the limit is. Mine is running at 1.808v to hold it steady at 2016Mhz from 1743Mhz. To me 1.808 seems a bit much for such a small OC. I have heard that the Socket A throughbred sempron can handle up to 2v but that seems overkill, and im afraid to push my chip up to 1.9v to get it to 2100Mhz, although I'd like to if its possible. Somone let me know if its its safe for me to do this.

Watch your temperatures. Use Speedfan it is very much more accurate than manufactuer supplied PGMs. If the temp rises over 60*C at load I would cut back on the OC and voltage and try reseating the heatsink before going further. I personlay wont let my chip get past 50*C loaded with its OC. But I do have a massive heatsink, the thermaltake bigh typhoon.

The four numbers that you are speaking of are your RAM larancy timings. They bassicaly controll the timings of the ram access. This is more advanced overclocking as it can cause severe instability. Also Value ram crap for latancy adjustments. I would stick to the basic Clock freq overclocking of the ram untill you get a bit of experiance or knowledge on the subject, or unless your like me and just feel like trial and error. My first try I got my value rams latencies down to 2.5, 2, 2, 7. I forget what they were to begin with but my ram is still running below its Freq limit of 400Mhz at a clock of 384.2Mhz. I wish to get my FSB up to 200Mhz bringing my RAM to 400Mhz and CPU up to 2100Mhz, just too afraid to push my chip from 1.8v to 1.9v,..... but then again I was afraid to push my core from its raised 1.66 to 1.7 but I did, and then again to 1.8v.

the best thing to do is just read around in these forums and READ THE TUTORIALS. they are very well written in plain english.

if its hard to understand i suggest you dont try and overclock any at all as you might damage something.

First of all I suggest you read the forums' rules.
They indicate that you should have used a title that's a bit more informative.
And do not use all CAPS, its really hard on the eye.
And using English we can read and not abbreviations would also help matters.

Back to the topic
Why don't you want to read the tutorials? The whole point in reading them is to learn about what you're doing.
Why would someone rewrite here exactly the same thing that has been written already?
Before you try to overclock I really recommend you READ THE TUTORIALS, as been said before me. They are there for a reason. We're here to help out if you need some more help getting an answer to a specific question.
You can't just expect someone to come in here and write a full blown article about "How to overclock", Overclocking is just a very broad subject.

I'm going to say one thing really quick. Keep in mind there is a huge difference in voltages between CPU core types, manufacturing processes and between DDR1 and DDR2.

Your X2 is completely different than his Athlon XP, and will probably be taking LESS voltage. You should learn what the acceptable air cooling voltage is for that processor. I would recommend not even touching the voltage, you can do serious trouble.

DDR1 is meant to be run around 2.6 to 2.8v. If you have DDR333 it will be DDR1. His RAM is at 2.2v on the Vcard, but it's probably GDDR2 or GDDR3, completely different. I would be very careful when touching your RAM. Adding voltage can not only create instability, it can also cause damage.

The numbers associated with your RAM is probably something like 3-3-3-16. Those are all latency, and touching those is an even better way to create instability. Don't touch them for now.

If anything, I would recommend increasing the FSB by just a few Mhz to see what overclocking does. Watch the RAM, don't run it out of spec, it'll cause all sorts of problems. Watch things like the voltage droop when the processor is overclocked... Takes things slowly and one at a time. I think that's the best way to learn.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums. :)

all above are very good pointers but also as the tutorials say dont forget to run memtest and prime after each overclock adjustment to make sure its stable. i would say only go up about 2-3 mhz at each one and run the tests for atleast a couple of hours.

I hear there are some pretty good tutorials here.

I understand you don't want ot read guides, but thats how you gain knowledge. We're not gona hold your hand or whatever.

Back