• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP and Quake 3 Arena...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

A couple of days ago I installed Windows XP Proffesional on my old computer (With TNT2 Pro & 22.80 WinXP drivers). And I was interested if anyone expirienced any thing strange in Quake 3 Arena? When I changed the brightness it didn't help at all, what could it be?
And another thing. Some of my games won't work on that windows... the games are NFS 4 and GTA 2, the compatible modes in the *.exe's properties didn't help. I need help to solve this. I want to play those games but can't, and I also want to keep the WinXP installed. Any idias/suggestions?

There isnt much we can do. You have laid the requirements yourself. The games dont work on XP. You want the games and you want XP.

Short of looking on the manufacturers websites for patches that will enable XP playability, updating drivers, trying the compatibility mode in other modes such as 98 or ME, what you want is a miracle.

And I'm fresh out.

OK Post your game problem in the Game section I've read some conflicts with NFS 4 and GTA and they changed a configuration which worked..

Yodums~!

Back