• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mindflux0

Registered
I have a pair of cmx1024-3200 Corsairs and I'm trying to run them at 225 right now. It occured to me however that there aren't any temp sensors or anything on the ram, how can I tell if I'm going to burn them out? I s'pose I'll get errors first...Basically, is it a bad idea to OC the **** out of my ram or is it reasonably safe so long as I don't do something stupid?

Mindflux0 said:
I have a pair of cmx1024-3200 Corsairs and I'm trying to run them at 225 right now. It occured to me however that there aren't any temp sensors or anything on the ram, how can I tell if I'm going to burn them out? I s'pose I'll get errors first...Basically, is it a bad idea to OC the **** out of my ram or is it reasonably safe so long as I don't do something stupid?
225 is ambitious for those sticks. You can just touch them to see if they are warm, if so add a fan just above, blowing on them.

Back