• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! X800Pro "not powered"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

start

Hello

My AGP x800pro was working fine then suddenly I turned my pc on one day to find it say "please connect the power cable to the video card" or some similar message.

Of course, I did plug it in, and I've tried it in two different computers with two different PSUs and it says the same thing.

It seems impossible that it can just have BROKEN, like that. It literally went off working, came back on broken.

Does anyone know what the hell might be wrong with it? Connect3D are ****ing me around and not letting me RMA it for some reason (worst technical support ever).

If you have tried it on different boards with different power supplies it has to be something with the card. Maybe some caps went bad or .. who knows what.

my six year old 550w psu couldnt supply the juice at boot up. I cleaned some fluff out and it lasted a bit longer.
If you have accses to another psu try and spread the load out a bit between the two.
edit since i read your post and the thread now this seams un likely.

Back