• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual minotors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belavia

Hi everyone, I'dl like to ask for help with setting up two monitors. I searched for this but havent found precisely what I need.

I have a agp ti4200 in my pc. I also have two monitors a samsung syncmaster 715 and an older sony trinitron 200es. I also have an mx420 video card not installed.

Id like to know what to do in order to set up dual monitors. Someone suggested to another poster to use a DVI VGA converter, but I dont know which monitor is which (the are both 15 pin and the video cardonly has 1 15 pin slot.)

Thank You!

it doesn't matter which one is which as you can change it. Just plug in both monitors (use the DVI-VGA connector for the other monitor). Then once your in windows right click on your desktop and goto properties, settings tab, and you should see a second monitor that is greyed out. click on it and then click the box below that says "extend desktop".

If this doesn't work then you have nvidias desktop manager thingy installed...reinstall it and run the setup wizard and choose custom settings...I can't remember the exact steps from there but it's pretty easy to understand.

Thank You,
but my video card only has one 15 pin outlet, and I have 2 monitors. Do I need some adapter?

nope, neither of my monitors plug into the video card's 2nd opening, which is a DVI slot. Would the options left be putting my MX420 next to my TI, or getting a DVI to VGA adapter?

Further reading I assume Id need a DVI-VGA converter, but my store only sells DVI-A - VGA. Would I need specifically DVI-I?

Back