• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about to pull the trigger...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hUMANbEATbOX

Contributing Member
just wanted some brief input, sugestions welcome ;)

*EDIT#2*!!! have ordered these parts for my new build. wish me luck! just need to track down a good air cooler now. :D

*edit* changed plans:
231250148_ed0d204dc7_o.jpg

will be ordering most likely from www.anitec.ca. if anyone has an idea of cheaper ram that will still let me run ddr21000ish, hopefully from a Canadian store, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
hUMANbEATbOX said:
just wanted some brief input, sugestions welcome ;)

231189198_3fae9b4f3e_o.jpg

will be ordering most likely from www.anitec.ca. if anyone has an idea of cheaper ram that will still let me run ddr21000ish, hopefully from a Canadian store, please let me know. :)

Get the HZ's... You'll be happy with them and won't find anything else cheaper that clocks as well. I think even the TeamGroups are more expensinve for just the 667 sticks.... Other then that, have fun with an awsome rig!

i plan on having much fun, thank you :)

and yeah, i figured as much about the HZ's..

oh well, i am excited about having some kick *** rams. :D

about the psu i picked out, its cheap, it has 33a on the 12v, but its out of stock. and it looks like it has been discontinued too. i called them to see when they'd have more in, he really didn't know. :( so, now i need to find that same psu, or a similar alternative from a shop that sells in Canada. i was looking at the Zippy 500w G1 (http://www.anitec.ca/product/6498/zippy_g1_500w_gaming_power_supply/) but its bit more than i was planning on spending. :\ all the other psu's thy sell are dual or triple rail it seems.

any suggestions on that?

Holy crap that's expensive. I paid $230 at newegg for my HZs last month. Allmost $300 for the E6400? Can't they be had for cheaper then that now? The egg has the E6300 for $191

notice it says its in Canadian funds. ;)

that's the cheapest i can find the e6400 for, and trying to find a Canadian retailer that sells g.skill (or any hot ddr2 for that matter) is near impossible. :(

do you have any suggestion on a place to get it cheaper that will ship to Canada? or better yet, from Canada? duty pretty much negates the cost savings by ordering from the States. :(

Oh, i'm sorry i thought that was US dollars. That isn't so bad then. Sorry i'm not sure where to buy from in CA.

Justa note. Might want to look AT NCIX.
Remember also that NCIX Pricematches. So you can order all from theer (with those cheap prices) aswell.

I'm at school At the moment, so can't check..

no need to apologize ;)

even with the conversion, it still works out to be high. such is life in Canada when you are trying to order brand new computer parts.

that p5p-dlx is a great price i think. :)

so, i've changed it up a bit, here is what my new shopping cart is looking like:
231250148_ed0d204dc7_o.jpg

gone is the cheap enermax and the e6400. in their place is the Zippy G1 500w and e6300. i'm pretty sure both cpu's will max out around the same, i was just hoping to have some fun at 500fsb with the e6400 this winter for a nice looking 4ghz. :D but i would think that getting a super strong PSU will push both cpu's to around the same 24/7 oc. i'd be OK with 3.4ghz++ 24/7 stable, the HZ rams should help me get there, no?

thoughts?

I picked up the same ram @ chiefvalue for 240.00 the mb from xpcgear for 219.00. Also grabbed a E6600 from Mwave for 358.00.

Prices may have changed a little since Monday..Thought you could save a few $$$$'s

Edit: Sorry didn't see the canadian dollars. Still could be cheaper check them out

thanks Gautam!

and with your approval i will now take the plunge. :D

I got the shakes when I saw an enermax PSU in there *shudder*. Much better choice on the PSU. Golden Rule IMO is to NEVER buy an enermax PSU.

gixxer420 said:
Edit: Sorry didn't see the canadian dollars. Still could be cheaper check them out

yea, with the dollar conversion, it would probably be cheaper, but shipping will be much more (also, probably from a few diff places, adds up), and the last time i ordered a mobo, cpu, ram, psu from the US i had to pay about $100 in duty, just so they would release it. totally wiped out the savings (but was still benificial, because the parts i ordered were not available in Canada at the time).

||Console|| said:
not much of a differnce in price but it is some
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index....dProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=8654&SID=
and it is CND in calgary

thanks for the link! i did the math on it, and the ~$7 in savings would get eaten up by paying for seperate shipping from 2 different places. if i were to go to another shop, i would be tempted to try and get everything there, just to save on the shipping.

nikhsub1 said:
I got the shakes when I saw an enermax PSU in there *shudder*. Much better choice on the PSU. Golden Rule IMO is to NEVER buy an enermax PSU.

LOL! had some bad experiences have we? i've only used a couple, and not on my machines, but they gave me no troubles. mind you, no OCing. i have seen you caution against them many times, and i trust your opinion. the cost was what was swaying me towards the enermax, its nice that fate intervened ;) i'm sure the Zippy will deliver.

Last edited:
Yay for the change to the E6300. I am starting to feel lonely. not only am i not in the Conroe club everyone with Allendale seem to bo for the E6400 :)

well, i think i will go with the e6300, but i'm doing so with not much enthusiasm. i would much rather have the e6400, but i've got to try and keep my costs somewhat under control.

no offense to you, but i will NOT be satisfied with 3ghz on a e6300. i've seen way too much talk of 100% oc's ;) (i don't expect 100% 24/7 mind you).

hUMANbEATbOX said:
well, i think i will go with the e6300, but i'm doing so with not much enthusiasm. i would much rather have the e6400, but i've got to try and keep my costs somewhat under control.

no offense to you, but i will NOT be satisfied with 3ghz on a e6300. i've seen way too much talk of 100% oc's ;) (i don't expect 100% 24/7 mind you).

Yeah, but keep in mind most of those 100% OCs are only SuperPI 1M stable, plus i'd bet the average of all rigs is closer to 3-3.3. Lots of talk of 100% OCs, but relative to the number of users i don't see that many.

I see a lot of posts stuck at 3.2 to 3.3 on their E6600s which for the money..i'll take my E6300 and 300mhz.

Bottomsup said:
Yeah, but keep in mind most of those 100% OCs are only SuperPI 1M stable, plus i'd bet the average of all rigs is closer to 3-3.3. Lots of talk of 100% OCs, but relative to the number of users i don't see that many.

I see a lot of posts stuck at 3.2 to 3.3 on their E6600s which for the money..i'll take my E6300 and 300mhz.

oh i know that they aren't 100% stable....but 100% oc sounds like a lot of fun, stable or not. ;)

i think i will have a lot of fun with this setup. i don't see anything really holding me back from 500fsb, unless the cpu itself won't run at 3.5ghz, and most people i see who can't get that high have something else getting in the way.

so do you mind if i ask you about your cpu? is that the highest it will run? what voltages and such are you using?

I can get it to boot half the time at 445fsb. 440 wont' pass prime no matter how much vcore or vmch i give it. At 3ghz (430fsb) i'm using +.05 to pass dual prime.

I think my bottleneck is the board because i hit the same FSB wall if i drop the multi to 6x. My RAM memtests higher too. One day when i get board i may buy a second DS3 or maybe a P5B to see if that gets me higher.

have you tried different bios'? have you tried reseating the northbridge sink?

i was going to get a ds3, but i didn't want to risk not getting a good one. lots of people report that 500fsb on a p5b-dlx is a cinch with no mods, so i'll spend the $100 on that (plus, the delux has a LOT of really nice feature ;)).

Back