• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is this block $140.00?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i was gonna say because the cost of the silver on it is too much...but its nickle plated copper, so thats not it

no idea, and they have 3 in stock, wonder for how long :D

Immortal_Hero said:
All of Innovatek's stuff is 1/4 inch too... wierd

You can get with 1/2 inch barbs. For 140 bucks it should blow every other block away, which I doubt it will.

My german sucks , but thanks for the link Captain.

The real question is: how does perfomance compare to the storm?

Der G-Flow begründet eine neue Generation der High-End CPU Kühler. Mit seiner revolutionären Strömungsführung liegt seine Kühlleistung an der absoluten Spitze der Kühlertechnologie. Der G-Flow verfügt über kompakte Abmessungen und eine überragende Verabeitungsqualität. Die Bodenplatte besteht aus vernickeltem Reinstkupfer.
Das Highlight in Design und Kühlleistung ! Made in Germany

means

The G-Flow leads the way into a new generation of high-end cpu waterblocks. With its revolutionary design (for the water flow) it delivers the top of the line cooling performance. The G-Flow is small and of the highest quality. The bottom plate (cpu contact plate) is nickle plated copper. The highlight in design and cooling performance. Made in Germany.

I apologize for any english mistakes translating is a pain.

Sockelsystem means socket
Anzahl means quantity
Stueck means pieces (ie items)
In den Warenkorb means add to shopping cart

My guess is that CNC time is far more expensive in Germany than it is in the USA or China (Swiftech makes its stuff in both of these countries, the Apogee is their first Designed in USA/Made in China part I believe).

^^^ that would explain it

does the nickel plating make it dispurse heat better than just plain copper?

Last edited:
hainer36 said:
does the nicle plating make it dispurse heat better than just plain copper?

Nickel is a less effective conductor of heat than copper, however if the plating is thin enough, and my guess is it would be an extremely thin electro-plated layer, then the nickel will have an insignificant effect on the heat conduction.

The nickel will be there for purposes of bling. Nickel does not tarnish anywhere near as quickly as copper does, and so it will remain "prettier" for longer.

Last edited:
mgoode said:
What do you think of this block?

Hmmm. Doesn't really matter what I think. I would hope that people are able to make up their own minds on what they like, want, and need, without needing my input first. I'll only comment on that which I have direct experience with. Since my experience extends to a few images, I'll just say that it's visually attractive.

Back