• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting temps for both Vid Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabidpulse

Registered
I just installed a crossfire system today with a x850(master) and a x850xt(slave). I got crossfire enabled and even noticed a big gain in my 3dmark score. So i know that it is working. However I cannot get readings of temps on both cards. My 850xt which was my main card until i got the master had good temps with it's thermalright V-1. I know that that card is not going to overheat, but I would still like to have both temps displayed to me. The CCC has removed the overdrive function and replaced it with a crossfire menu, I assume that the master card doesn't support it. Ati tool only displays one temp, and because I have an asus board it gives me what it calls the GPU enviro temp, which is low so i don't think that it is any gpu temp. Has anyone else had this problem, if so is there a way to display both temps? Any help would be appriciated.
Rabidpulse

ATI Tool will show both card temps but only one at a time - it depends on which card you have selected as you can see here in this single card system. On a CF setup you will see two devices in the drop list.

Select.jpg

And no you cannot overclock a CF setup using Overdrive as you already found out. You might have a look at RivaTuner, it's been awhile but I know it has some nice temperature monitoring.

Thanks alot for the info, I don't know how i could have missed it. I now again realize why i removed the stock HS from the other vid card. Those temps really suck well good thing i have an extra V-1. Now to figure out how to fit both of them in there. Again thanks for the info.
RabidPulse

Just a pointer... whenever my friend overclocks his crossfire setup it will NEVER run stable unless both have the same clocks... but that was a while ago.

Back