• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who can help me read a minidump file?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I had three crashes today and have no idea what is causing them. I have a minidump file but don't know how to read that with the dubugging tools. Here is the file atttached, I changed it to .txt to be able to upload it. Thanks!

dja2k

Attachments

• Mini091506-01.dmp.txt
    92 KB · Views: 76
The BSOD info and type would be a MUCH better aid for finding out.
A Minidump is just a memory duimp around the place where the error occurred. A very small dump at that. If you don't have the source to the offending program you probably won't find out anythuing. Since in your case it looks like the kernel crashed, you obviously don't have source.

Like klingens suggested either write down the contents of the BSOD, or open Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and hit OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest error messages exactly as they appear (under the "Description" field), and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

The only really use for a minidump is in sending it to MS in a report of the error.

How to Use Dumpchk.exe to Check a Memory Dump File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315271&Product=winxp

dja2k said:
I had three crashes today and have no idea what is causing them. I have a minidump file but don't know how to read that with the dubugging tools. Here is the file atttached, I changed it to .txt to be able to upload it. Thanks!

dja2k
My uber-leet text editor can't even open that.

The words "sniff my dump" do not convey a sense of professionalism...

There is no event logged for that error. The error just says IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and some of the addresses are 0xE1BA527C, 0x0000001C, and 0x804E1AD6. This has happened only when using utorrent, but only appeared the last two days.

Only Log:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0xe1ba527c, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x804e1ad6). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091506-01.dmp."

Does anyone know if the error 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL goes pointing to Ram Memory, Hard Disk Memory, or Faulty Software Driver?

dja2k

Last edited:
Thanks, it was probably software base firewall that I was trying out and didn't like utorrent. Went back to looknstop and nothing has happened like that so far after several downloads with utorrent.

dja2k

Back