• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ntune question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesgig

Disabled
How well does ntune work? I am planning on using it as an advisor. Then change all the settings manually in BIOS. Has anyone done this, and how well has it worked?

Thanks

Since I am new to overclocking and do not have the time to spend hours tinkering in BIOS, I was going to run Ntune and let it choose what it thinks to be the best system, then apply the changes in BIOS.

ntune is junk if you wanna learn and then make it stick in bios use clockgen

ntune will lock up your system and it doesnt show you anything.

I use nTune, not for overclocking, but for the quick check of temps and very minor look see of things.

For using it as a tool for overclocking your system. No it is not the best. It is generic, to the AMD platform.

If you insist on using the easy button, try what the maker of your board supplies. That would be a step up. Not much,but better then nTune.

AMD with about an hour or much less can get you the same results as nTune and be much better.

You can get 2.4 out of that chip without much hassle. 2.2 if your lazy or don't want to take the time to develope a nice overclock.

Good things come to those who take the time and fiddle. Take the easy button and you will not be as happy.

Back