• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright XP120 on X800GTO; Pics Inside.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Step 1: Rip off a few fins so it fits:
scrapsgg.jpg

Step 2: Bend the heatpipes at a 90 degree angle (I know, loses performance, wait til you hear the results)

sidegg.jpg

Step 3: After ripping apart my XP120, I hoped it would mount properly:
Picture005-1.jpg

Step 4: Check configurations for mounting:

x800modgg.jpg

Step 5: Find mounting that works:
Picture008-1.jpg

My temps with my Stock X800GTO cooler were about 65 - 70c with ATITool running for 5 minutes.

With this mod, I get 49 / 50c load temps after 5 minutes, what's great is I didn't have to buy another cooler!

Currently, I have a 40cfm 120mm mounted on there, it does a fantastic job cooling it. I will post some 3D results in the upcoming days. :beer:

Dosn't make sense, my card won't do 545 / 1070 anymore, but the temps are SUPER low.

in 23c ambients @ 500 / 500, I'm loading @ 42 in ATITool after 10 minutes, idling @ 29c.

I have yet to try passive. I will try passive tomorrow, I'm currently running PCmark / 3Dmark .. etc.

EDIT: Found a better way to mount this beast :D. I will post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I have yet to try passive. I will try passive tomorrow, I'm currently running PCmark / 3Dmark .. etc.

EDIT: Found a better way to mount this beast :D. I will post pics tomorrow.

I m waiting your pics :beer:

Update: A capacitor fell off of my X800 and it's pretty jacked. I'm sending it away to have it repaired :(. Until then, no PCI-E card, woo hoo!

Wow, nice job. Do you have the video card in a standard case? If so, do the heatpipes work upside down?

i just put a stock P4 heatsink on my 7900gt and its modded to 1.4v at 620Mhz...

WOW from 90C load on stock volts/cooling to 60C load on 1.4v amazing and free

Great stuff, I've seen this attempted before but IMO yours looks the best, nice work :D

Massive.
You just made a slightly-dangerous and less attractive V1 Ultra. :/

Congrats on the mod though- sorry about the trashed cap.

Back