• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T7600 - thoughts sought.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

I have a T7600 (had to buy fantastic price but now???)

I had originally thought of a media box - mobile processor so low power quite etc.

However all of the MBs I have seen for this processor seem to lack the video out I would like e.g. DVI and s-video.

e.g. the Gigabyte GA 8I945GMMFY-RH or the ASUS N4L-VM DH i945G

Adding a seperate graphics card seems to be a waste.

Also the mobile socket is changing early next year perhaps better options will exist then?

I then looked at some of the overclocking results with the AOPEN board - AOpen i975Xa-YDG - however very expensive and I am not sure if it would be beaten by a cheaper e6600 setup?

So I am better trying to sell the T7600 and buying a e6600 or something now as a main machine and wait on the media box till next year.

I have an e6300 on an Asrock board but would love to put together something with sharper teeth.

Thanks for any suggestions

Shaun

personally i would put it up on eflay and then build a connie medie box with a E6600.

I'd sell the T7600 and the Asrock board from your E6300 rig if you invested in some fast DDR2 for it (DDR1 then let it ride)

Thanks guys - I think it is best to ebay it - lets hope I get a decent price - boxed sealed so??

Shaun

so wait are we talking about a whole new comp or a media box. cause now after rereading the first post it sounds like you want both?

Hi Evilsizer,

I originally bought the chip to build a media box - then when I realised that the current options looked limited and or expensive. I had just assumed all boards aimed at a media box would have TV out and or s-video as standard - adding a graphics card just does not seem to make sense - increases heat etc and cost.

I had also seen some posts/articles that were excited about the Apon board and its overclock ability - however when I looked into this more these were before the desktop core 2 duo were released.

So it looks to me as if both my options are flawed - an expensive oops.

If I can sell the T7600 I could then build a decent desktop machine now - and wait till next year for the media box.

Shaun

yea sell the cpu you will close to what you paid for it since it still is sealed.
with ram prices climbing like mount everest its hard to suggest a good priced 2kit for ram.... i would say the patriot 5300llk but i just saw newegg wants 264 for the 2gig kit... they were 179 just the other week or so.... i should have bought a pair when i had the money...

well to get you started till ram drops this system/half upgrade should last you a while once you get it oced. Go with IMO a E6400/Asus P5B-E combo then keep you eyes out for good ocing ram....

i think you can get xpess 200 chipsets for core2duo (775) chips with dvi and tv out but i dont think there is any for the mobile one

Back