• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling IC's on the back if a 7900GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jim Morbid

Cooling IC's on the back of a 7900GT

Hello all

I have a 7900GT that I'm about to vmod to 1.4 volts, but the IC's on the back (especially the one on the back to the right) is on fire. I was going to mount a 80mm fan on the back for cooling anyway but my question is: Do i just mount the fan and pat myself on the back, or should I attach some RAM sinks to the back as well?

Thanks,

JM

Last edited:
Thats what I was afraid of....

it's going to be a mission trying to fit it all in on my Asus p5b Delux. Northbridge HS is right above the graphics card,

But thanks for the answer :)

JM

Jim Morbid said:
Hello all

I have a 7900GT that I'm about to vmod to 1.4 volts, but the IC's on the back (especially the one on the back to the right) is on fire. I was going to mount a 80mm fan on the back for cooling anyway but my question is: Do i just mount the fan and pat myself on the back, or should I attach some RAM sinks to the back as well?

Thanks,

JM

are you talking about on the gpu core side or the back twords the top of the mobo side... seems like the top of the mobo side... i would sink n e thing that gets hot!

If you turn the card upside down (how it looks when its in a normal case), its the top right hand corner IC.

Hmmm, could some kind people please post some pictures of their 3D Cards with actively cooled rears? Need some inspiration here :rolleyes:

Thanks

JM

PM wluk, and ask about getting some ram sinks from him, I bought a buttload from him awhile back. His sinks are what I use on the back of my 6800...Work perfect. :D :beer:

Back