• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help changing cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lil sleepy

sup yall, i just bought a new case, but i need your help because i dont know weather to uninstall all my hardware out can i just take it all out and just place them in my new case. please give my some tips and step by step intructions on how to change my case. THANKS!!:bday:

im no expert, but if youre just changing cases, you don't need to reinstall anything. Just make sure everything stays cleand and keep everything away from your carpet(you already know that). And you should be good to go.

there's no set way to do it, particularly since there's so much difference between cases. just take it slow and get everything out of the old case before putting it in the new one. make sure you put any PCI/PCI-e cards back in the same slots they were in previously. also, check whether you need to put the power supply in first as this can sometimes be a source of consternation. no need to remove the heatsink(s) from the motherboard (unless you're replacing them, too).

Back