• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a Antec P180, Want to Try a Stacker, Which should i Try??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

i have a watercooling setup that i have yet to put into a case, so im thinking i need quite a bit of room since im a watercooling newbie. on top of which i want 6 x320gig harddrives to be able to fit (i would use more harddrives but someone said windows xp doesnt allow for more than 2 terabytes. can anyone else confirm this?)

so i see quite a few on newegg. which is the most populor /reccomended for watercooling and room to work with?

Lian Lis are great but pricy. Head over to ZZF and pick up an Armor or a stacker. They are both about $110 after rebates there.

Lian-Li PC-G70 will have space for all your water cooling gear. Stacker is nice, but space is limited in the Stacker. For the Gigabyte, there is no room for a pump, and overall it is not a great case for water cooling.

FAT32 is limited to a total of 2 terabytes. (Under windows Me can run up to 8 Terabyets)

And actually thats for a single harddrive i think, not multiple

NTFS will alow partitions up to 18 billion gigabytes (2 to the 64th)

As long as you are running SP2, you can run up to theoretical limit. SP1 is 127GB though

eh? 127gb? you sure you dont mean 1270?

ive used 1150 gigs on sp 1

where does everyone put thier radiators? ive been wondering about that, i have a BIPIII but im clueless as to where i should put it when i get the case , why get a case just to have a rad hanging off it.

i really dont have a preferance for a case but so long as i can fit more than 2 terabytes like neuromancer said id want as many harddrives in one case as possible i just ordered 3 x 320gb's and i already have 3, plus a 250 so space for 7-8 harddrives is a must.

Alot of people mod their radiators to fit on the top. Alot of the times cases come with dual 120mm fans so the rad can fit right in. But yuo need a spacious case for a pump, and the CoolermastStacker STC-T01 and the Lian-LI PC-g70 are two great cases for WC.

If you willing to cut holes in the top of the case the lian li g70 will be better over stacker.

Time4aMassiveOC said:
eh? 127gb? you sure you dont mean 1270?

ive used 1150 gigs on sp 1

where does everyone put thier radiators? ive been wondering about that, i have a BIPIII but im clueless as to where i should put it when i get the case , why get a case just to have a rad hanging off it.

i really dont have a preferance for a case but so long as i can fit more than 2 terabytes like neuromancer said id want as many harddrives in one case as possible i just ordered 3 x 320gb's and i already have 3, plus a 250 so space for 7-8 harddrives is a must.

heh heh I meant you need to have sp1 to show more then 127GB hdds

thanks for pointing that out

Back