• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone tried crossover?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't used it yet, but from what I've seen/heard from other users it is Awesome. It sounds like there are issues with some kernals, haven't found which ones have problems though

I run crossover office professional, I believe David runs crossover as well.

I generally use it to run photoshop, dreamweaver, excel as I can not find opensource versions of these applications that I like as much.
Its a very good product and intergrates very well into the Ubuntu gnome desktop... can't fault it in all reality

It works great for Office and various other non-game applications, but I've yet to find a game that really runs well on it.

:bang head

Oh I had gotten my hopes up there a bit. :(
If I could get rid of this dual booting, I'd be in penguin heaven.

Misfit138 said:
Wow, it can run WoW!
If it ran BF2, I'd be there in a heartbeat ;)

Wine does wow really well actually. I would recomend looking at Wine before one that isn't free. If you really need it, give it a shot.

Yes, I have wine..but it seems that it cannot run bf2 yet. I have seen a few posts that claim single player works somewhat, but mouse pointer disappears/freezes in game.

Misfit138 said:
Yes, I have wine..but it seems that it cannot run bf2 yet. I have seen a few posts that claim single player works somewhat, but mouse pointer disappears/freezes in game.

Try Cedega that may suit your purpose better

Thanks for the suggestion, U.M., but I don't think I can bring myself to pay monthly for my game(s) again. I am sure many Linux users feel the same. I suppose I must simply wait for another solution at this point, and continue dual booting.

Misfit138 you can pay for Cedega for 3 monthes and then just not renew your subscription. You can keep using the latest version that you got before your subscription runs out.

Note that the only way to pay for Cedega is "worldpay", which keeps your credit card number, mails around your password in clear text and does not reply to service mails complaining about same.

Better have one-time credit card numbers ready...

Back