• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High performance Lian Li V2000 Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssilencer

Registered
Well, the idea of this unit was put together phase change and high performance water in the bottom part of the v2000, and also do it in a way you can take in/out the complete kit easily
Our friend Diego asked us for this for long time.
The "KIT" :

Embraco FF12 1/3hp LBP r12 compressor charged with r502
Custom made condenser
@itor evap kit Acrilic ultra model
@itor High performance watercooling 120.2 radiator with 2 Panaflo FBA12G12H1A, controlled by the new G-Froster X3 (meanwhile I will use the new XE2.0, 2 K type thermal probes, etc)
@itor made the Special shroud to fit the condenser/radiator and 2 120mm Panaflo

First pics of the kit:

conjuntosupmediumpq0.jpg

conjuntolcmediumfz3.jpg

conjuntolrmediumca8.jpg

We will mount it over a Conroe x6800 and a 7900gtx sli and asus p5wgs pro Chipset too, all waterblocks and the Reservoir made by @itor too

Some Snap-on pics to show how good it fits.

montadolcmediumta8.jpg

montadolrmediumet4.jpg

Little update, testing and installing the new G-Froster XE 2.0 Controller

Changing the display for a bigger one (20x2 blue) and fitting the controller and display in the 3 1/2 lian li bay.

dscf0743large2js9.jpg

dscf0750largekb3.jpg

3 temps on display, Ambient (T0) thermocouple 1 (T1 on evap) thermocouple 2 (T2 inside de case)

dscf0753mediumft0.jpg

thats amazing.

How much did this cost all together?

THe tubing you used is really nice too...Great work!

Hows the temps on heavy loads?

Note that the unit has a 17cm wide x 13cm tall, one row condensor, r502 (boiling point -45.6c) to keep pressures on range, no desuperheater .

Idle temp: about -42c

Some testing:

Dual spi 32 conroe [email protected], 4420mhz, evap temp -39 with 32c ambient

spix2442532mdj1.jpg

Next day (colder day)
Orthos over Conroe x6800@4326mhz 1.6v ambient temp 21c

xe201iu0.jpg

xe203kc1.jpg

xe204sw3.jpg

xe205nn8.jpg

:welcome: Ssilencer of G-Froster phase controller fame to OcF! :D

Killer looking unit, any testing and temps north of 1.65Vcore?
Obviously not needed with that chip :eek: wow thats some high clocks for the Vcore :thup:
Whats the week on that chip if you happen to know it? :D

greenmaji said:
:welcome: Ssilencer of G-Froster phase controller fame to OcF! :D

Killer looking unit, any testing and temps north of 1.65Vcore?
Obviously not needed with that chip :eek: wow thats some high clocks for the Vcore :thup:
Whats the week on that chip if you happen to know it? :D

Thanks greenmaji!
I thought that I was already registered, I was visiting from the very beggining but looks like I lost my user or never had one :p

Temps at 1.65 are the same, even at 1.7 (the max on this board, asus p5ws dg pro yadda yadda) temps keeps at about 1c less, I think I over tunned this one a little, but it's better, I even got -43c on evap at 1.7, but the compressor was too hot and this system is meant to run 24/7, so no need of extreme temps, but I'm really impresse to see this load temps, being r502 (I'm a great fan of it) and that little capacity condenser.

BTW, the watercooling reservoir being made by @itor:

dscf0747large2vz1.jpg

Thats some sweet lookin hardware with good performance, very nice job on this rig guys :)

I really like the evap mounting!

that reservior almost looked like a bong, are u sure thats not what he used it for?

Hey_Its_Cole said:
I so want this, can you pm me with a price?

Buenos Aires, Argentina (this would likely be an obstical)

That and this is a custom build for an old pal of there's, I'm guessing the price would be high, just from the custom work done here.

trendx said:
that reservior almost looked like a bong, are u sure thats not what he used it for?

Being a tobacco conisuar I happen to know that a "bong" has a asperation device were this reservior does not, it just wouldn't work for that application ;)

Its looking purty Ssilencer :thup:

Thanks guys!

greenmaji said:
Buenos Aires, Argentina (this would likely be an obstical)

That and this is a custom build for an old pal of there's, I'm guessing the price would be high, just from the custom work done here.

Being a tobacco conisuar I happen to know that a "bong" has a asperation device were this reservior does not, it just wouldn't work for that application ;)

Its looking purty Ssilencer :thup:

Thank you for answer for me that questions :D

Hey_Its_Cole I so want this, can you pm me with a price?

If you have enough money, you can get anything, just the shipping cost can be killer...

Ssilencer said:
Thanks guys!
Thank you for answer for me that questions :D

No problem :thup:

Did you get the chance to run any bechies :sn:

And do you have any pictures with the lights on, it looks like you have some copper plumbing for the SLI setup and it would also be cool to see if the resivor liquid level can be higher then the system plumbing (although you can bleed the system with the SLI setup not mounted and below the res liquid level, then attach it)
It would also be easier to see how its plumbed.

good job guys :D I'm guessing G.E. had something to do with this build, you were able to keep the evap away from his nipps right? :p :sn:

greenmaji said:
No problem :thup:

Did you get the chance to run any bechies :sn:

And do you have any pictures with the lights on, it looks like you have some copper plumbing for the SLI setup and it would also be cool to see if the resivor liquid level can be higher then the system plumbing (although you can bleed the system with the SLI setup not mounted and below the res liquid level, then attach it)
It would also be easier to see how its plumbed.

good job guys :D I'm guessing G.E. had something to do with this build, you were able to keep the evap away from his nipps right? :p :sn:

G.E= Golden Eagle?
He helped in the elctric installation.
Yes, there is an U coper tube for the sli loop, I will ask diego (the owner) to take some better pics, but we still have to do final work on the v2000 panels (waterjet cutting) and waiting to get the uv reactive liquid for the water.
and yes, it is not difficult to bleed the system.
about test, we didn't do much, just the ones you saw in the thread and some more tunning the phase unit, maybe a little spi 1mb like this

112194572pv3.jpg

I have an ugly pic with a little more light for you.

dsc00021mediumrr5.jpg

Saludos

What is killer in this unit is the delta between evap and proc (about 8c) and delta between idle and load on evap (2c)

We will get some more results soon.

Yes, Golden Eagle, I just checked XS and it seems he took that out of his sig some time ago. I havn't been reading XS lately.

The picture does make it a bit easer to see whats going on, and thanks for the offering to ask diego to take some better lit pictures :thup:

Yea from your earlier post it did seem like your temp delta would be low, got a nice heavy heatload tune on that system, seems like you could almost call it Kentfeild ready :p :sn:
I know I would like it like that :D

Thanks again, the extra load tune was part of my paranoia, some guys told me that r502 couldn't cut with conroe so I used almost the same cap tube others use with r402, now I think I can use a little more cap tube but well, temps are great, and me and my customer are happy with it :)

thats a nice V2000b you got there.... i know i LOVE my Lian Li V2000b plus 2 also... there is SOOOOOOOO MUCH room i dont ever think i will go back to a mid tower again or ever get rid of this case!.... where is the PSU in urs!?!?!?

LOL im only using 2 out of the 12 hd bays and im on AIR cooling.... it makes for outside the case ambient temps inside the case..... its amazing

Smokes. That is one beast of a computer. Phase Change + Water + Core 2 Extreme = Unfreakinfantabelievable.

Excellent build. I want to go buy that case now hehe. Anyway, nice job. Post more pics!

Back