• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty sli-dr Bios & Memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

Well, was going to mod my case, first thing to do.. move everything out of my case. that was easy. Now i got everything set up on my desk , all pluged in.. and boot. Well what do i see? nice little NF4 Dfi logo..that i had disabled. the bios reset.

Now.. well i forgot to save the bios into the bios setting thing.. once i had it working.. and it took me 5 days to figure what bios settings work, and other settings wont.

Heres the problem i am having ..

Major one, is that every time i reboot..it seams like, the bios resets. i ..dont KNOW or WHY its doing it. i reset the bios battery.. made sure it was full of power. but..now i do not have any idea why its doing this. maybe bad bios flash? i did redo the bios flash to hope it would work .but did not do much. is there a good modified bios? if so.. link me up.

Right now i on the computer, but its going so slow. i know its all from the memory settings. i am getting really gimped memory speeds , memtest says around 1900mb/s were afaik it was around 2800+ mb/s big difference.

when windows loads, it takes major long time. from 50~ secs to now around 2 mins. the taskbar, (that loaded really fast) now takes ages.. hope we can figure this out..

next time i reboot, if the bios does not reset automatically i will write down the settings so you can look at them.

*rereads this.. hmm, if i were to help someone like this i would want to know there memory and cpu specs... >><< *
memory > ocz4002048pfdc-k
cpu > venice 3500+

*looks at his sign >><<*
Well i see i put some extra details in it.. i had my ram running at 223 .. , i got 3337 1T settings right now.. damn you dfi why so many memory settings..

Heres cpu-z log... http://www.openopinion.com/Testing/cpuz.htm

Last edited:
Ok, did a few things.. i kinda got it stable.. (havent tested it with anything..) for me..stable is booting into windows.

anyways, did a few memory tweaks.. http://www.openopinion.com/Testing/cpuz1.htm
thats the lastest i got right now.

boots, and the nf4 dfi logo doesnt show anymore when i set it. (bios resettings) i belive it was a unstable setting casuing that. and the bios resetting it and not telling me..

superpi is around 37 for 1M ..

when i boot.. the taskbar takes awhile to load. any ideeas?

Heres another thing i cant find anywere.. after searching for awhile. i was pokin around with my muitimeader and low and behold, the heatsinks on my motherboard have power.. yes.. power, Il take a pic from my webcam when i make room ..or grow another hand.. (il put the image in this post)

Picture%209.jpg

UPDATE : http://www.openopinion.com/Testing/cpuz3.htm Stable.. using aquamark, i got the same gfx score as i used to have now.. but i get 9000~ for my cpu, were i had around 11K .. hmm.. i blame the memory settings..

Last edited:
Back