• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 Performance (UI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperZ

Registered
On my relatively up-to-date system, I feel like the IE7 (final) UI is somewhat laggy. By laggy I mean when creating tabs, or even alt-tabbing into it there is a noticeable delay. Whereas Firefox's UI has no laggyness at all. In firefox when i do ctrl-t to make a tab I immediately start typing the new address of where i want to go to and it works fine -- in IE7 I can't really start typing right away because of laggyness that causes me to lose the first 3 or 4 characters of what I was typing.

Am I just imagining this difference in UI performance & laggyness, or does everyone experience it? Is there a chance that this laggyness will be gone in Vista, or will it just get compounded and worsened because of vista's other eyecandy like transparency, etc.

I don't know but I used to get problems with the go back button on IE6.Sometimes having to click it 5 times for it to work.IE7 seems to be better but not perfect either.
That is the main reason I switched to Firefox.

Back