• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a 3.2 p4 Extreme Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordon

oc`ed as much as i can, maybe to 3.6 ? , beat my prescott running stable at 4.0 ?? i got a friend that will sell me one for 100 bucks. is it worth it ??

What kind of motherboard are you running? If you have an Asus, you might be able to go pentium M.

In general a P4 processor isn't worth it at all, especially when you are making marginal, if any, gains.

nah i have a dfi lanparty. im just wondering if the EE @ like 3.5 will whomp on the 4ghz prescott, or just have marginal gains.... im gonna be in this socket for awhile.

jordon said:
nah i have a dfi lanparty. im just wondering if the EE @ like 3.5 will whomp on the 4ghz prescott, or just have marginal gains.... im gonna be in this socket for awhile.
This might help. It's a benchmark comparison of regular and EE p4s at similar clock rates.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/cpu/article.php/3261_3429701__8

If I had to extrapolate, I would think that the 4ghz prescott would still be faster.

Back