• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAL.DLL Errors ! - Ideas ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dunga Bee

Howdy Everyone !

Here's my problem. I had a Duron 750 (ANCA Y), which I had running at 1035 (7.5 x 138) @ 1.85V on an ECS K7S5A using the OC BIOS to allow FSB adjustments. HSF was a Volcano 6Cu which kept the temps in the mid 50s while folding (I know, not good, but it was 100% stable).

Anyway, I chipped the core on that and it is gone.

So, I was able to find a Duron 850 (AKCA 9) for about same cost as the 750, so I picked it up. I also closed the L7 bridges on that for vCore of 1.89(not sure why it is so high) and have it running at 1054 (8.5 x 124).

Problem is that after running folding for an hour, sometimes less, I get the IRQ / HAL.DLL error in Win2K server. I am using the same HSF, but with another fan mounted on the side of the HSF and it is keeping temps in the upper 40s - low 50s when this occurs. And I have seen it happen in the mid 40s as well.

My only guess is the chip itself cannot handle the speed under load ??? Everything else in the machine is exactly the same as when the 750 was running at FSB of 138 without problems so I don't think it is the FSB speed making things go whacky ?

I also have another 750 here that I was going to use to build another machine so I could try it, but it also is an 'AKCA 9', so I'm not sure that would do any good.

Any ideas ?

:confused:

Thanks everyone,
DB

The first rule to remember is that no 2 CPU's will OC the same. It just seems to me that you have found your limit. Also after burning in for a couple of weeks it may not give you the errors. I would bring it as high as you can with stability and then go for some burn in and try again every so often at the higher speed.

Back