• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxtor SATA (Is it blown or is it not blown)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exahertz

Registered
ok its late, i got to go to work tomorrow at 6:00 EST and this kinda ****ed me off, so ill get right to the point.

I have an A8V with 64 FX-53 @ 2400 Mhz and one Maxtor 150 gig SATA HD. I was playing with ClockGen and got my cpu to run at 2700 and Sandra was reading 51 degrees F core temp. usually when a crash occurs it either locks up or gives the blue screen of death then reboots on its own. this time however the blue screen didnt go away untill i cycled the power. when i did the OS didnt load, saying "C:\windows\sys32\..." file was corupt. i went to reinstall windows and the setup said it couldnt find any hard drive. so i set BIOS to defaults and same thing.
i tried an EIDE drive and it worked, after installing windows i still didnt see my SATA HD.
funny thing is... durring post i see the name of the drive on SATA 1.
also when it tries to load an OS off of it you can see the HD light blink and hear the heads clicking maybe less the 3-4 times before the error.

please dont tell me its blown. i never did lock my PCI/AGP freq. i didnt know that sata drives fail after 120 Mhz. and i dont remember what i was pushing mine at the time. but dont you guys think its weird that the drive does show a little sign of life? is it a sign that it could still be recovered? any other ideas for testing?

tomorrow ill try an earlier OS of windows just to see what happens.

thanks for any input..............

Back