• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1300 agp install problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firebat45

I just picked up an 512 MB X1300 AGP on boxing day, and I can't seem to get it working. I'm upgrading from an AIW 9600XT, whenever I install the new card, the display never initializes on boot. I've tried setting the BIOS to fail-safe, resetting it, etc, and nothing seems to make a difference. When I checked my old 9600XT in the BIOS, it's using 1.5 volts. I'm thinking that the mobo is "stuck" on 1.5 volts and the new card doesn't like that? That's the only thing I can think of right now (besides DOA card, and I'd really rather not think about that).

My 9600 XT worked fine for probably 7-8 installs last night, I kept trying different things and swapping the cards. After I reset the CMOS, now it never initializes either, so now neither card works.

FYI, I have a DFI NF3 250GB mobo, which does support .8v and 1.5v AGP voltages, so I know theoretically, it should be compatible.

Thanks for any help!

The x1300 should be using 8X and 1.5 volts.

If neither card works then there is no way to change the BIOS. The only thing I can suggest is to reset BIOS then try the 9600XT again. If it does not work, then you have to find another computer with an AGP slot to test the cards in. If they both work then its your motherboard. If only the 9600XT works then its the x1300 but you may have damaged the motherboard AGP slot.

One more thing. The x1300 probably has a 4 pin molex connector on the upper corner. Did you give it power?

Good luck

Back