• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Armor front 120mm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Just wondering if anyone has removed the front hdd cage and either bought or created 120mm fan brackets? I do not use the front hdd bay for hard drives just the fan, I would also like to stick a second 120mm up front too, but don't want to buy another cage.

Thanks

I just used zip ties to put another one up front. I'm interesting in this as well.

Actually I thought about it some more last night, and I will get 3/4" by 3/4" aluminum L channel stuff either 4 6x32x1 or 4x40x1 screws, drill holes in the channel and attach fan, then tap four holes on the side of the channel and use the screws to center it up in the drive bays. :)

Archer36 said:
Just wondering if anyone has removed the front hdd cage and either bought or created 120mm fan brackets? I do not use the front hdd bay for hard drives just the fan, I would also like to stick a second 120mm up front too, but don't want to buy another cage.

Thanks

i had the same problem over the weekend ... didn't want to drop an xtra 15 bucks for the drive cage so just stacked my second fan on top of the first (the one in the stock drive cage), and then zip tied through the two fan's top and bottom screw wholes ... worked like a magic trick and is very secure ... i'll post a pic in a minute ...

here goes; if you want a simple stacked approach, then zip ties work great. although it seems like the entire assembly might be flimsy or prone to wobbling, it's not ... very rigid actually. put the zip ties at alternating (front/back) screw holes and zip 'em real tight and it all sticks together real firm.

(of course, fabricating aluminum is actually more fun and challenging ... but on the chance you wanna try this ... here goes:)

:)

fans1.jpg

fans2.jpg

looks better, too ...

Yep I got the aluminum and screws tonight, currently I just have the second fan taped to the bottom one, and it really bugs me. I like things to be secure and tape is by no means secure.

Got the rough fan brackets for two 120mm fans made today, and got them installed. Tomorrow I am going to re-do them using measurements vs tracing because I have extra aluminum angle left. When it comes to fabrication I am a perfectionist(not always successful :D).

I love them, it allows me to remove that huge hdd tray and gives me 120mm's up front, and is solid as a rock. Ill get pictures tomorrow when I build the improved versions.

Archer36 said:
Got the rough fan brackets for two 120mm fans made today, and got them installed. Tomorrow I am going to re-do them using measurements vs tracing because I have extra aluminum angle left. When it comes to fabrication I am a perfectionist(not always successful :D).

I love them, it allows me to remove that huge hdd tray and gives me 120mm's up front, and is solid as a rock. Ill get pictures tomorrow when I build the improved versions.

would like to see the final product; i don't use the drive cage either, keep my drives in back ... would be nice to clear out some of the obstructions created by the drive cage ...

(FYI : images of mine don't work at the moment cause my hosting company crapped my subdomain out ... fixing it now)

:mad:

Back