• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU of the GODS!? Look and see!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdawgCamaro

Registered
Check out these pictures of my wonderful 4200+ strutting it's stuff. I am still blown away that I can get 2.6ghz WITHOUT touching the voltage one bit. That's 400MHZ with no voltage increase at all :drool: :drool: :eek: I know it's hard to believe but I've got the stone cold proof right there gents. I also would like to draw your attention to the temps at both a full load and idle. Those are strictly on air my friends. I can take pictures of my rig if you don't believe me. Sorry to gloat but honestly I'm wondering if this is typical of my processor and if anyone else has been able to recreate these type of gains?

Attachments

• totalannihilation.JPG
    totalannihilation.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 242
  • totalannihilation2.JPG
    totalannihilation2.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
What does prime95 set to priorty 10 say about the Vcore setting after 8hrs? :beer:

Ask and you shall recieve

I will go along with your game and raise the priority to ten and let it run for 8 hours. When I wake up I will post my findings. :burn:

Another thing.....

I am having problems getting a second instance of prime95 to install. Everytime I try it asks me if i want to uninstall and when i choose no it exits the installer.

Problem solved.

Well gents I've got two instances of prime 95 up n kicking and i will let them run for 8 hours and give you the results.

Good luck, I'll be watching to see how well this works out :)

Edit: You also might wanna turn your HT multi down from 5x to 4x. Having it over 1000 could cause your system to be unstable.

i wouldnt put too much trust in those apps you got monitoring there...18 degrees on your CPU? your room would have to be like 12 degrees c for that to occur, or you are watercooling? which would still require the room to be *** cold

lol my x2 3800+ does 2.7ghz @1.35v and thats cos my 133mhz 512 mhz stick only goes down to 100 mhz(lowest speed allowed :( so 270fsb has already brought the ram back up to 135mhz :( i am running 2.5 2 2 5 1t :D altho it does about 35-40 idle about 50-55 load with my gigabyte 3d rocket pro (zalman CNPS 9500 at the end of the month :D also i run slowest fan speed because at high its VERY LOUD!)(and also. your cpu is 5 degrees cooler than system(im thinking northbridge?) LOL if thats not a wrong reading i dont know what is. if i drop my multi to 4 and run at 1.1v (1ghz) i can get to 2-3 degrees of my northbridge temp. but not lower.

Last edited:
smokie mcpott said:
i wouldnt put too much trust in those apps you got monitoring there...18 degrees on your CPU? your room would have to be like 12 degrees c for that to occur, or you are watercooling? which would still require the room to be *** cold
i was just gonna say this.

the other night, i busted out my ghetto duct, with outside temps dipping to -25c. the duct was blowing a TON of -25c air right into my heatsink, and at idle speeds, at the settings in my sig, i could only get it to go down to 19c. my "MB temp" was 2c.

my 3000 is running at 2.6 right now.. from a 1.8 whats that like 800 meg up.. so yea.. heheh

I had one failure...I will tweak and try again.

Again you have to remember i am not pumping any voltage at all on here. Also I was a disbeliever of the temps like you guys but i went into the bios and in there the temp was registering as 20C on the cpu. The fan was only running at around 1300rpm's at that time as well. I will make this work! I'm going to up the ram voltage to 2.1v which is WELL within it's threshold since it starts at 2.0v and on the OCZ website it states it can be overclocked and have the voltage upped and still be stable.

Attachments

• failure.JPG
    failure.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
AdawgCamaro said:
Again you have to remember i am not pumping any voltage at all on here. Also I was a disbeliever of the temps like you guys but i went into the bios and in there the temp was registering as 20C on the cpu.

the thing is, you ARE pumping voltage into it, just the stock voltage.

let me put it this way, it is physically impossible for your cpu to be UNDER ambient temps, when cooled with ambient air.

i am flat out saying the reading is wrong...probably about 10-15c or more off. the only way the temps could be right is if your ambient temps are less than 0c, aka the point where water freezes.

what are your ambient temps btw?

well neither am i i dont think. whats the stock voltage for an x2 3800+ 939? mines currently doing 1.35v

a64 X2 3800+ --> Manchester --> 1.4v --> 10 --> 2000MHz --> 64+64 2x512 KB
so mine does what would seem to be 2.7ghz at lower than stock voltage. as the max for this board is 1.35v

Thank you

WonderingSoul said:
I'd use coretemp to monitor your temps..

I wasn't trying to really argue with you guys but i could only go off what i saw. I had a feeling it was flawed and with coretemp i was able to see that my temps I was getting back were off. I am now running prime95 again with my core voltage at 1.30V and my mem at a .1v up to 2.1v. I will post results in 8 hours. As for coretemp it's showing my temps at 45C and 41C on my cores at FULL load. That to me seems much more realistic. Thanks guys!

AdawgCamaro said:
I wasn't trying to really argue with you guys but i could only go off what i saw. I had a feeling it was flawed and with coretemp i was able to see that my temps I was getting back were off. I am now running prime95 again with my core voltage at 1.30V and my mem at a .1v up to 2.1v. I will post results in 8 hours. As for coretemp it's showing my temps at 45C and 41C on my cores at FULL load. That to me seems much more realistic. Thanks guys!

Yeah, my MBM5 and ITSmart Guardian are off by about 8c. I stick with coretemp for my CPU.

Back