• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Add to dvd+rw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loves-tech

Registered
I have searched this forum but did not find what I wanted.
I would like to burn a cd+rw to backup some data. I would then like to add (not replace) another backup so that I could see both backups. Then add files until I run out of room on the cd. The cd has enough room to hold 7 files. Everytime I burn, I replace the old one and the cd only has 1 file at any one time.
I have Nero 6.3 and have tried multisession but that didn't do it.
Is this possible? Can this be done?

If the file has the same name, the older file will be overwritten. Instead, backup the new backup to the desktop, change the name, and burn it.

I think Roxio used to to that back in the day, but I haven't used it for years. IIRC only roxio could read the disk after it was written.

Stupid me. I was clicking on "create CD" instead of "Backup Files". For some reason I thought that create CD was going to append the files if I checked multisession. Live and learn. Maybe this post will help someone else if they do a search of this forum for a similar subject.

Back